2021-2022 Schedule

KarlHessEatMy....

3 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

https://huskers.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule/2021-22?grid=true

Any reason other than Creighton that we shouldn't come out of non-conference undefeated? 

haven't looked at the NET ratings for any of these teams.......but, off the top of my head i would say they better come out undefeated. 🤔 

40 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

haven't looked at the NET ratings for any of these teams.......but, off the top of my head i would say they better come out undefeated. 🤔 

ok....here are the teams and their NET rankings for 20-21:

not sure, does Prairie View A&M exhibition count? 314 don't believe they do

Maine                   91

Alabama A&M     196

Creighton             93

NC Central          297

Drexel                  102

San Diego 112 or Fresno St  82           

Wake Forest        53

Indiana St             280

Drake                    51

Wyoming             154

i think you need to win at least 2 out of 3 between Drake, Creighton, and Wake Forest. i don't think you want to go into the Big Ten with anymore than 2 losses.  really, 0 losses looks very obtainable---maybe 1 hiccup?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Drake will be solid I think but they lost their hc and had one of their better players transfer out as well. Wake lost 2 of their better players from last year i believe too. With the NCAA using the net rankings these look like mostly lower quad 2 and quad 3 with a few quad 4 games which is disappointing to me. For a team that wants to contend for a tournament spot I was hoping for more. 

Edited by Husker22

39 minutes ago, Husker22 said:

Drake will be solid I think but they lost their hc and had one of their better players transfer out as well. Wake lost 2 of their better players from last year i believe too. With the NCAA using the net rankings these look like mostly lower quad 2 and quad 3 with a few quad 4 games which is disappointing to me. For a team that wants to contend for a tournament spot I was hoping for more. 

Matt Coatney's take on the non-con: great schedule for getting the young players ready. if i heard him correctly, believes Maine may be the toughest opponent. still gushing about Markowski. deep bench.

16 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

Creighton The team I want to beat the worst is the team we lose to every year. Is it the Yori factor?  Yori Beat Creighton Every year. We have not beaten Creighton since Yori went to work for them.  We need to beat them.  Even if they shoot threes like they usually do against us. We still need to beat them.

I've said it a dozen times. Creighton's bowl game of the year is when they play us. (men's and women's basketball, baseball, etc)  doesn't matter the sport. They have the little sister kind of attitude about NU and football. Want to prove they can play with the big sister.  ...and they can do it obviously.  Just wish we had more pre season games before we play them. Really see us as having the talent, just will it jell early enough?

Yes, beat Creighton !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most interesting thing I heard in a interview with coach today...was that that Jazz Shelly could be a choice for point guard, and Sam may be asked to focus more on defense.....meaning give some others a chance at the point.  (I don't recall the exact words, but's the gist of what she was saying.) Apparently the practices when Shelly was here has given the coaches somethings to think about.  Sounds like there are several that are getting looks at the point.  Weidner was named also.

Edited by redsteve

7 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

IMHO Sam's natural position is at the two. It would be nice to have two who could go back and forth at the point. 

In the past Sam H. has noted on several occasions that she prefers playing the 2 position but would do whatever is needed for the team.  It will be good to have some options at the point as we have been limited there in the past ever since Rachel Theriot graduated.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, All About the Corn said:

So did anyone here go to the event?

Yeah, it was mainly scrimmaging against some dudes who must be practice players to make it tougher to rebound, etc.

They did also have a short intra-squad scrimmage as well. It was a fun night, but I really didn't take a lot out of it other than they have competitors who like to ball.

looking over the schedule again: 😳

Dec 6th @ Minny

Dec 30th @MSU

Jan 4th vs Michigan

Jan 9th vs Iowa

Jan 13th @ Indiana

Jan 16th @ Iowa

brutal.......can huskers find 3 wins? would be big to pull off wins @minny and @msu. get at least one of those against Michigan and Iowa. it's really going to be interesting. 🥵 be awful tough to get one @Indiana or @Iowa.

Edited by whoopdeedoo