Elephant in the room?

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

This is in regards to Brian Rosenthal being arrested.  It was discussed in the SEC thread.  Gut wrenching to see someone who has been in our lives a long time devolve like this. 

That's what I get for not looking at the SEC thread. I've also been skipping the soccer thread. Did we discuss anything pertinent there that I missed?

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

That's what I get for not looking at the SEC thread. I've also been skipping the soccer thread. Did we discuss anything pertinent there that I missed?

Every post in the soccer thread is must-read analysis and/or a hot take.  Join us!

33 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Sadly it's happening to too much lately.  Have an acquaintance that was arrested in Omaha for the same thing in June...10 million dollar bond (not enough IMO).  Some people are so f'd up it's just sickening. 

I have a friend of a friend that was arrested and jailed with a big enough bond that he couldn't post bail.  Ultimately was found innocent.  He was a foster parent, and a few of his former foster kids thought they could blackmail him for money by making up abuse allegations.  Eventually the truth came out, but not before his life was ruined and he spent time behind bars for a crime he didn't commit.

Not saying Rosenthal is innocent.  Not saying he's guilty, either.  But I try to not pass judgement based on an arrest warrant, especially when that warrant is potentially based on verbal rather than physical evidence.

Edited by aphilso1

24 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I have a friend of a friend that was arrested and jailed with a big enough bond that he couldn't post bail.  Ultimately was found innocent.  He was a foster parent, and a few of his former foster kids thought they could blackmail him for money by making up abuse allegations.  Eventually the truth came out, but not before his life was ruined and he spent time behind bars for a crime he didn't commit.

Not saying Rosenthal is innocent.  Not saying he's guilty, either.  But I try to not pass judgement based on an arrest warrant, especially when that warrant is potentially based on verbal rather than physical evidence.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

WITHHOLD ANY JUDGMENT UNTIL AT LEAST SOME DETAILS COME OUT.

FALSE ACCUSATIONS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

3 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Agree, let us see how this plays out. before making judgement. having a family member stealing money ( gambling) from their employer. it an eye opening experience. they spent time in jail and paid restitution, now have been clean 18 yrs. I have learned not to judge other people until the facts come out. because we don't know what happened.

12 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

some have already convicted him. saying POS etc. just let it play out. innocent until proven guilty.

No but you seem to be blindly ignoring reality. 4 charges. 4 separate instances. A girl between 12 and 16. You want to die on the "Innocent until proven guilty" hill be my guest. He'll have his day in court.

8 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

No but you seem to be blindly ignoring reality. 4 charges. 4 separate instances. A girl between 12 and 16. You want to die on the "Innocent until proven guilty" hill be my guest. He'll have his day in court.

How do you know it was a girl? Yes I will stand by that until proven guilty. He who has not sinned cast the first stone.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, coughunter said:

Thing is 99.9% of time on these types of cases it doesnt end well...its children, not adults blaming each other

Had a guy in my Army unit who was accused of rape.

Girl stayed overnight at his apartment and had sex with him. Later, she wasn't sure she'd entirely "consented" so she called an ex-boyfriend who told her she'd been raped. She called the police and pressed charges; he was arrested, tried and convicted.

He appealed the conviction and the state Supreme Court agreed he hadn't gotten a fair trial. After the case got sent back down, the prosecutors decided to drop the case.

It destroyed him financially. Where does he go to get his reputation back?

And if you think "well, it's children, not adults blaming each other" I would encourage you to Google "Tanya Craft."

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Girl stayed overnight at his apartment and had sex with him. Later, she wasn't sure she'd entirely "consented" so she called an ex-boyfriend who told her she'd been raped. She called the police and pressed charges; he was arrested, tried and convicted.

He appealed the conviction and the state Supreme Court agreed he hadn't gotten a fair trial. After the case got sent back down, the prosecutors decided to drop the case.

And if you think "well, it's children, not adults blaming each other" I would encourage you to Google "Tanya Craft."

Sure but then google Bill Cosby.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Thats one example.  Im just saying you rarely ever find a case where a child ir children in this case where its not true.  Your Army example is apples to oranges here.  He gone...