This Just In - Huskers 2021 Class

Red Don

Best Class in Husker History! (arguably :wink: )

Worth a Read!!!

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/unprecedented-2021-class-could-make-nebraska-basketball-history

Assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih, who oversees the bulk of NU’s recruiting strategy and efforts, was primarily responsible for assembling Nebraska’s heralded 2021 group......................

Abdelmassih said his latest class could be the crown jewel of his 10 years as a full-time college assistant.

Abdelmassih said the plan from the day he joined head coach Fred Hoiberg in Lincoln back in April of 2019 was to build the roster where Year 3 would be when the program made a significant jump.

Boy, it'd be up there with I think '91.

You had Woolridge who was a top 25 per Street and Smith. Boone and Strickland were both top 70, IIRC. Then you had Amos Gregory who, though it turned out he was a little porcine and deconditioned, was still a juco all-American center/power forward, back when jucos were still VERY fertile recruiting grounds.

But that's the only class that had the numbers and quality to give this one a run. Otherwise, maybe the year we snagged Ty Lue and Venson Hamilton together.

31 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

You had Woolridge who was a top 25 per Street and Smith. Boone and Strickland were both top 70, IIRC. Then you had Amos Gregory who, though it turned out he was a little porcine and deconditioned, was still a juco all-American center/power forward, back when jucos were still VERY fertile recruiting grounds.

But that's the only class that had the numbers and quality to give this one a run. Otherwise, maybe the year we snagged Ty Lue and Venson Hamilton together.

Wasn't that the '93 class?

16 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I still think Strickland was underrated.  He played in a tournament against Jason Kidd and shut him down.  Jason might have been the #1 recruit that year; top 10 for sure.  Being a dominant on ball defender isn’t as sexy as a flashy passer or scorer, though.

4 minutes ago, busticket said:

I still think Strickland was underrated.  He played in a tournament against Jason Kidd and shut him down.  Jason might have been the #1 recruit that year; top 10 for sure.  Being a dominant on ball defender isn’t as sexy as a flashy passer or scorer, though.

Fun fact: Kidd was the #2 pick in the 1994 NBA draft.  #15…..Pike.

Okay, back on topic now 🙂