OT: You can't spell "SEC" without "Texas"

14 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

An alliance that has the potential to shape the future of college football probably needs more than a few weeks to hammer out the details and put something down in writing.

If you think they are going to shape the future of college football, the SEC would need to be involved.  They are the best and most powerful football conference and it's not even close.  With all 3 conferences combined, the only 2 school that carry any weight is Ohio State and Clemson.  You can't shape the future if you don't have the best conference involved. 

13 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

If you think they are going to shape the future of college football, the SEC would need to be involved.  They are the best and most powerful football conference and it's not even close.  With all 3 conferences combined, the only 2 school that carry any weight is Ohio State and Clemson.  You can't shape the future if you don't have the best conference involved. 

Being relevant in college football and carrying weight in the NCAA aren't the same thing; Texas is proof of that.

Involved? Yes.

In charge?  That's some of the point of the alliance. 

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

I didn't say they wouldn't be. But however you slice it 41>14.

Edit-I guess its technically 41>16 now. 

Edited by cornfed24-7

34 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I didn't say they wouldn't be. But however you slice it 41>14.

Edit-I guess its technically 41>16 now. 

It's not just a numbers game.  Just because you have 41 teams in an alliance vs 16 teams in the SEC doesn't really mean anything.  If that was true, the SEC could just partner with Big 12 and any other conference to up their numbers.  

10 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

It's not just a numbers game.  Just because you have 41 teams in an alliance vs 16 teams in the SEC doesn't really mean anything.  If that was true, the SEC could just partner with Big 12 and any other conference to up their numbers.  

I disagree. It is a numbers game. And the 41 schools apparently think that too.

23 hours ago, REDitus said:

I hope what the B12 does, they stick it too UT & OU.   

Actually, if the Big 12 does add these 4 teams, it could save Texas and OU from having to wait the 4 years and save them from the buyout they would have had to pay.  This could actually benefit Texas and OU.  I talked to one of the track coaches at Texas this weekend and he said the Big 12 is wanting them to leave the conference now and thinks this will be their last year competing in the the Big 12.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, kldm64 said:

Actually, if the Big 12 does add these 4 teams, it could save Texas and OU from having to wait the 4 years and save them from the buyout they would have had to pay.  This could actually benefit Texas and OU.  I talked to one of the track coaches at Texas this weekend and he said the Big 12 is wanting them to leave the conference now and thinks this will be their last year competing in the the Big 12.

I am aware of that, it's why I posted the comment.   My comment was stated poorly.     I will try again.  

However this ends up, I hope the Big 12 sticks it to Texas and OU. 

I do appreciate your information from the track coach.   If the Big 12 lets them off the hook and doesn't make it as painful as possible, then the Big 12 deserves what it gets, but you can also say having 2 lame ducks in a conference for a number of years would be damaging to the big 12 as a league itself, kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face.  Since we are not big12 anymore,  I say make it messy.

Edited by REDitus

6 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Can the AAC stop calling themselves a "Power 6" conference now?

Seriously.  I hate all these small ego dipshits that insist on using "Power 6" or "Major 7" monikers to feel included in something that is completely irrelevant to whatever it is they are talking about.  The five autonomy conferences were given the nickname "Power 5" and it's been horribly co-opted, particularly by basketball-centric conferences to make them feel more important than they really are.

/rant

7 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

$10 bucks to anyone who can name the schools in the Missouri Valley Conference without looking it up...

Missouri Division:

Missouri

University of Missouri-Kansas City

Missouri State

SE Missouri State

Valley Division:

Mississippi Valley State

UT Rio Grand Valley

Utah Valley