OT: You can't spell "SEC" without "Texas"

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Just a reminder 4 of our 5 National Football Titles came against the SEC & Texas joined OUR Conference not vice versa. And Oh, how’s that Longhorn Network coming along...?

$0.40 of your cable bill is to pay for Longhorn Network. I wish I could opt out and spend that money in Vegas instead.

12 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

If Osborne wasn't so short sighted we could have stayed in the Big 12 ruling the north and now be punching our ticket to the SEC. What an idiot for taking us to the BIGTEN all those year ago 😂

I appreciate your sarcasm.   I remember Tom saying  this is a decision where you have to envision what things will be like 30 years down the road.  They thought this would happen again.   They made a good call. 

Isn't it amazing that every time the big12 gets together these rumors start up about conference realignment?   Half the time they drum up rumors that Nebraska wants to be back in the big 12.  I am so glad we are out of that mess.        This years rumor may be in part a ploy from OU and Texas to get a better tv time slots?    Sounds like OU is tired of early games.   (I like early games, but then I am old)   I'd hate being in the Pac10.     Of course that type of rumor may backfire and have a Nebraska effect where other schools start looking around.  Not sure how that would work out though.  Also, the other 8 may now end up ganging up on the big 2.   I could see that happening.  

Also wonder how NIL is playing into this.     Oh and how I hate that the LHN is being added to some packages. This is why I want a la carte. 

Edited by REDitus

6 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I'm on the West Coast. Early games are the best! Have my coffee, watch my Huskers, game over by noon and I have all Saturday left!

Most Husker football games are over by noon even when they kick off at 11AM.

55 minutes ago, 49r said:

So, if OU and Texas make the move (and it looks likely they will) does that mean the Big Ten reacts right away and looks to increase their membership to 16 too?

I'm answering the question you didn't ask, since I thought it might be a fun exercise...

If history predicts the future, which usually is the case for the Big Ten, then they would look to expand to schools that touch their current footprint. They would also be driven by market size. So here's where we stand.

"You are the new commissioner of the Big Ten. You're looking to expand your conference. You care about expanding to an adjacent footprint. You care about money and market size. And you want to bring in teams that have football teams. Which teams do you go after?"

North Dakota

(FCS) North Dakota

(FCS) North Dakota State

South Dakota

(FCS) South Dakota

(FCS) South Dakota State

Wyoming

(FBS) Wyoming

Colorado

(FBS) Air Force

(FBS) Colorado

(FBS) Colorado State

(FCS) Northern Colorado

(N/A) Denver

Kansas

(FBS) Kansas

(FBS) Kansas State

(N/A) Wichita State

Missouri

(FBS) Missouri

(FCS) Missouri State

(FCS) Southeast Missouri State

(N/A) Saint Louis

(N/A) UMKC

Kentucky

(FBS) Kentucky

(FBS) Louisville

(FBS) Western Kentucky

(FCS) Eastern Kentucky

(FCS) Morehead State

(FCS) Murray State
(N/A) Northern Kentucky

West Virginia

(FBS) Marshall

(FBS) West Virginia

Virginia

(FBS) Liberty

(FBS) Old Dominion

(FBS) Virginia

(FBS) Virginia Tech

(FCS) Hampton

(FCS) James Madison

(FCS) Norfolk State

(FCS) Richmond

(FCS) VMI

(FCS) William & Mary

(N/A) George Mason

(N/A) Longwood

(N/A) Radford

(N/A) VCU

Delaware

(FCS) Delaware

(FCS) Delaware State

New York

(FBS) Army

(FBS) Buffalo

(FBS) Syracuse

(FCS) Albany

(FCS) Colgate

(FCS) Columbia

(FCS) Cornell

(FCS) Fordham

(FCS) Long Island

(FCS) Marist

(FCS) Stony Brook

(FCS) Wagner

(N/A) Binghamton

(N/A) Canisius

(N/A) Hofstra

(N/A) Iona

(N/A) Manhattan

(N/A) Niagara

(N/A) St. Bonaventure

(N/A) St. Francis

(N/A) St. John's

(N/A) Siena

Any conference would be thrilled and lucky to get Texas and OU join their conference.  It it interesting they have made a decision at this time to make the move and want to go to the SEC.  I know it probably makes it easier to recruit to the best conference in football but both schools already recruit just fine.  There is obviously something both schools know and/or are anticipating to happen for them to make this pro-active move.  Not that the SEC wasn't already the most dominate conference but adding the 2 schools will just have everyone else playing for 2nd place from now on.

18 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Any conference would be thrilled and lucky to get Texas and OU join their conference.  It it interesting they have made a decision at this time to make the move and want to go to the SEC.  I know it probably makes it easier to recruit to the best conference in football but both schools already recruit just fine.  There is obviously something both schools know and/or are anticipating to happen for them to make this pro-active move.  Not that the SEC wasn't already the most dominate conference but adding the 2 schools will just have everyone else playing for 2nd place from now on.

Also, the SEC as a whole has come a long long ways in the last decade to improve the basketball conference.