YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve been wondering how paperless tickets will affect sales. Lot of oldtimers aren’t into smartphones and might just decide to quit going to games. I’m sure the ticket staff is accommodating them during the transition, but you just wonder how many will say screw it. The NCAA volleyball in Omaha was a hassle because Ticketmaster had a new system that didn’t work well with iPhone 6s, and there were a lot of people who had to be helped through the process. Luckily, it wasn’t full capacity or it would have been a fiasco.

57 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I’ve been wondering how paperless tickets will affect sales. Lot of oldtimers aren’t into smartphones and might just decide to quit going to games. I’m sure the ticket staff is accommodating them during the transition, but you just wonder how many will say screw it. The NCAA volleyball in Omaha was a hassle because Ticketmaster had a new system that didn’t work well with iPhone 6s, and there were a lot of people who had to be helped through the process. Luckily, it wasn’t full capacity or it would have been a fiasco.

I don't understand the paperless concept. It isn't like the ticket takers rip part of the ticket like the old days. I know it costs the university less money, but some of us aren't tech savy. 

I'm not going to do the math but ya I was shocked at how much my tickets went up this year too. I understand making up for lost revenue from last year but there has to be a way to temper that a little *cough* sell beer *cough*

The paperless ticket situation at the baseball games was quite the crapshow as well. Compounded by them only using one or two gates in the front. I'm hoping there's an alternative option to the paperless. Or some people won't be able to go to games anymore, or have to figure out how to go as they only use a flip phone, yes my parents are old-ish and don't care to learn new technology.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, uneblinstu said:

Loved how they raised ticket prices by about 20% (at least for my seats) per ticket after the two worst seasons in program history and sticking with the team through the pandemic. Was kinda disappointed to see that, honestly.

Yeah... Cash strapped as I am, I'm hard pressed to renew, when I love the huskers and this team and want to lock it down... I've loved being a season ticket holder so long now. But yeah the gall... Maybe they expect a huge jump too with the talent coming, and fans back in the arena and enthusiasm. Still thinking it over. 180 smackaroos  for a guy like me is a lot. Worth it probably , but still.

Anyone have any news on how they'll handle covid? Like will we need clean tests in addition to documentation (vaccine card)?? I'm pretty interested to know!

Nervous about losing my seat rn. Last year was weird.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Red Rum said:

I'm not going to do the math but ya I was shocked at how much my tickets went up this year too. I understand making up for lost revenue from last year but there has to be a way to temper that a little *cough* sell beer *cough*

The paperless ticket situation at the baseball games was quite the crapshow as well. Compounded by them only using one or two gates in the front. I'm hoping there's an alternative option to the paperless. Or some people won't be able to go to games anymore, or have to figure out how to go as they only use a flip phone, yes my parents are old-ish and don't care to learn new technology.

SELL. BEER. Louder for the people in the back!

I'm a huge craft beer dude but anything will do. I've seen it done beautifully at TD park and other places. Its gotta happen!

59 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

SELL. BEER. Louder for the people in the back!

I'm a huge craft beer dude but anything will do. I've seen it done beautifully at TD park and other places. Its gotta happen!

It's the 21st century. Beer sales and digital tickets have been a thing in major metropolitan areas for quite some time. It's about time Nebraska catches up with the times.

For math challenged (like me), a huge chunk of the cost increase is the 21 home games, right? We have 2 exhibitions this season instead of 1; 9 non-con home games instead of the typical 6 or 7.  I think in 2019-20, we had 17 home games (including the exhibition). Maybe I'm not looking at it right.

I'd imagine one of the reasons we decided to forego a neutral site tourney this year to have more home games and generate more revenue. 

As far as generating more revenue, it's always sad to see those beer taps covered up at PBA (and Haymarket Park). With 2 exhibitions games this season, it'd be a great chance to "test" beer sales during those 2 games and see how it goes. With a new AD, it's a great excuse to make a change like this and at least give it a try. 

9 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Anyone have any news on how they'll handle covid? Like will we need clean tests in addition to documentation (vaccine card)?? I'm pretty interested to know!

It's an arena owned by the city; capacity, masks, etc will follow what is set by the city.

For anyone who hasn't received a vaccination yet,  please do so as soon as possible.