YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, but hockey fans have never been known to get drunk and rowdy.

Yeah back when I was a 19 year old with a fake ID I NEVER pre-gamed Friday night UNO hockey games at Harrah’s for $0.25 beers before skipping over the river to the Qwest Center to harass the opposing team’s goalie. NEVER!

SIEVE! SIEVE!

On 7/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Red Rum said:

I'm not going to do the math but ya I was shocked at how much my tickets went up this year too. I understand making up for lost revenue from last year but there has to be a way to temper that a little *cough* sell beer *cough*

The paperless ticket situation at the baseball games was quite the crapshow as well. Compounded by them only using one or two gates in the front. I'm hoping there's an alternative option to the paperless. Or some people won't be able to go to games anymore, or have to figure out how to go as they only use a flip phone, yes my parents are old-ish and don't care to learn new technology.

Its like a 60% increase for mine in the 300 level.  It was gonna happen at some point due to how low they really have been.  Its hard as I travel from Omaha to go to many games.  Might my last year unless I can sell tickets for games I dont go to.  I assume stubhub can still be used for paperless tickets?  Is there going to be a seat yourself process again this year?  

6 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It's an arena owned by the city; capacity, masks, etc will follow what is set by the city.

For anyone who hasn't received a vaccination yet,  please do so as soon as possible. 

Of course. This has to be broadcasted. People acting like children this year. But yeah I think we'll be fine in going to games, other sports being an example of in person sports happening again. I'm caught up myself with the vaccines, so I'm happy. Might be a lil  harder with an indoor sport, but should be fine. We will all need to be careful in the fall though , I feel like it'll have an infection comeback during flu season (lot of people saying this), unfortunately.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:08 AM, throwback said:

For math challenged (like me), a huge chunk of the cost increase is the 21 home games, right? We have 2 exhibitions this season instead of 1; 9 non-con home games instead of the typical 6 or 7.  I think in 2019-20, we had 17 home games (including the exhibition). Maybe I'm not looking at it right.

I'd imagine one of the reasons we decided to forego a neutral site tourney this year to have more home games and generate more revenue. 

As far as generating more revenue, it's always sad to see those beer taps covered up at PBA (and Haymarket Park). With 2 exhibitions games this season, it'd be a great chance to "test" beer sales during those 2 games and see how it goes. With a new AD, it's a great excuse to make a change like this and at least give it a try. 

That's part of it. When I broke it down, the last season I paid something like $12.15 per ticket. This season, it'll be $15. Then you add on the more games and it's a pretty big jump. If the team does what I think it could do over the next few years, I will probably be able to recoup some of that cost on the secondary market, but I don't have tickets so sell them, I have them because I like to go to the games.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, uneblinstu said:

Loved how they raised ticket prices by about 20% (at least for my seats) per ticket after the two worst seasons in program history and sticking with the team through the pandemic. Was kinda disappointed to see that, honestly.

Parking was jacked up as well.  This was not the year to raise prices.  My dad said if they don't do better the price increase is not going to be justified beyond this season.  I told him.. between football and basketball I'd just as soon keep the basketball tix.  We have been going since 1977.  Football had been an on again off again thing. 

4 hours ago, Nighthawk said:
On 7/19/2021 at 12:06 AM, coughunter said:

Not really if you dive deep into it

Please provide back up material.  Our  athletic department is still way ahead of a lot of athletic departments...we support the University and not the other way around like most other schools.

It's great that we've had multiple self-sufficient athletic programs at the university, but at some point it would be nice to see that ROI. Moos skated by with spending a lot of money, but he's not around to see how it pans out.

There's many more programs that have more success with less. And I hope this new administration can start to focus efforts in areas that pay off on the field/court/etc.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, Art Vandalay said:

I am very aware of the history and am certain you are wrong

12 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Please provide back up material.  Our  athletic department is still way ahead of a lot of athletic departments...we support the University and not the other way around like most other schools.  

Lets see.  1st of all he did what no one will ever do here again as a coach.  Great thing, but that expectation is still in the minds of husker fans that they will always judge their program with and others that havent.  He made the univ hire his coach to replace him which ultimately started the downfall and lost the best AD the univ has had.  He was totally behind the AD that was a disaster to replace the AD he drove away.  He hired a coach with no head coaching experience that embarassed the univ and didnt care about the fans when he should of hired his former assistant or a proven head coach but insisted he couldnt bring his assistants.  He moved to the big ten which at the time seemed good because of money and academics but in reality sports wise they havent competed and seem lost in no regional competition.  Be is far from a progressive which has hurt this state and program cause everyone thinks he is a god.  I could go on but I think that is enough.  Im sure I'll get plenty of downvotes for this but reality hurts.

1 hour ago, coughunter said:

Lets see.  1st of all he did what no one will ever do here again as a coach.  Great thing, but that expectation is still in the minds of husker fans that they will always judge their program with and others that havent.  He made the univ hire his coach to replace him which ultimately started the downfall and lost the best AD the univ has had.  He was totally behind the AD that was a disaster to replace the AD he drove away.  He hired a coach with no head coaching experience that embarassed the univ and didnt care about the fans when he should of hired his former assistant or a proven head coach but insisted he couldnt bring his assistants.  He moved to the big ten which at the time seemed good because of money and academics but in reality sports wise they havent competed and seem lost in no regional competition.  Be is far from a progressive which has hurt this state and program cause everyone thinks he is a god.  I could go on but I think that is enough.  Im sure I'll get plenty of downvotes for this but reality hurts.

Your view of reality.  Has nothing to do with actual reality.  Go beat  on Sek some more.