Trev Alberts

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Frost on the other hand..... this should be a sobering hire for him, Davison, and Lambrecht. Word choice intended. 

Not sure I follow.  Are you implying Frost and Davison are alcoholics?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, basketballjones said:

I have had some...... strange.... interactions with Trev, we'll leave it at that. So not a dude I'd want to go hang out with at the bars. 

That being said - he's the perfect type of person to be AD here. He's got political appeal (that kind of, distinguished senator vibe), and he's completely no-nonsense. He's also willing to make very tough decisions and say what needs to be said. 

Honestly, Hoiberg should be thrilled with this hire. I think Trev cares more about if you are running your program correctly, working hard, kids are staying out of trouble, graduating, being great people, etc... then truly winning. I just think he "gets it," also. 

Frost on the other hand..... this should be a sobering hire for him, Davison, and Lambrecht. Word choice intended. 

Lambrecht gone

On 7/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, basketballjones said:

I have had some...... strange.... interactions with Trev, we'll leave it at that. So not a dude I'd want to go hang out with at the bars. 

That being said - he's the perfect type of person to be AD here. He's got political appeal (that kind of, distinguished senator vibe), and he's completely no-nonsense. He's also willing to make very tough decisions and say what needs to be said. 

Honestly, Hoiberg should be thrilled with this hire. I think Trev cares more about if you are running your program correctly, working hard, kids are staying out of trouble, graduating, being great people, etc... then truly winning. I just think he "gets it," also. 

Drop the goods. Especially that last sentence. 

A fourth straight losing season will get Frost another year regardless of what it looks like. A FIFTH losing season (next year) will deservedly get him out the door. I certainly didn't expect some type of UCF turnaround/replication, but conversely, I NEVER thought I'd live in a World where Goldy the Gopher would beat us "badly" 3 outta 4 years...

One thing about our Frost coached teams is that we’ve never played “with momentum” after a game or two into a season.  We’ve always had the wind taken out of our sails.

I’d like to see us change that this year. Get the first 2-3 wins to start the year and get the momentum on our side.  Just to see how the guys react.

We absolutely can’t have a “here we go again” mentality.

8 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

This whole thing with the athletic department and alternative unis was weird. Something about an unveiling tonight to some folks in the media but an honor system not to take pics because the university will be unveiling the uniforms August 31st. Lol idk who's idea this all was but it's a huge failure. 

A friend text me about it in the morning, but then I couldn't find anything about it. It's almost like the AD is a big, bloated bureaucracy that can't get out of its own way.

4 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

The kicker about that is I cant find a damn pic anywhere online. I've read someone describe what the unis look like.

I think the idea was to bring some fans into a private area so they could interact with the uniforms in some way — wear them, comment on them, speak with players who were wearing them — all while being recorded, only after signing the proper waivers, of course.

Now with that footage the AD can put together a video that highlights that fan reaction and reveals the uniforms to the rest of the world. 

Not a bad idea, actually, but they need to explain it so the instant-criticism-and-outrage machine doesn't crank up and crush Nebraska's national image — again.

8 hours ago, jayschool said:

I think the idea was to bring some fans into a private area so they could interact with the uniforms in some way — wear them, comment on them, speak with players who were wearing them — all while being recorded, only after signing the proper waivers, of course.

Now with that footage the AD can put together a video that highlights that fan reaction and reveals the uniforms to the rest of the world. 

Not a bad idea, actually, but they need to explain it so the instant-criticism-and-outrage machine doesn't crank up and crush Nebraska's national image — again.

Perhaps but maybe it will end up working positive if any press is good press like the pic of that lil red jersey was posted. Awesome troll job and is funny. Gets people talking maybe puts Nebraska in the back of some kids minds, then eventually some of those kids get to visit during a spring game or game day are blown away by the atmosphere and hopefully this years team creates some momentum (entirely possible).

I'm probably overthinking this but hey this stupid private uni viewing has created some conversation and alot of people are having fun with it. Not nessecarily a bad thing.

Edited by huskerbill85

8 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Perhaps but maybe it will end up working positive if any press is good press like the pic of that lil red jersey was posted. Awesome troll job and is funny. Gets people talking maybe puts Nebraska in the back of some kids minds, then eventually some of those kids get to visit during a spring game or game day are blown away by the atmosphere and hopefully this years team creates some momentum (entirely possible).

Wow, you have quite an imagination. 

14 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Wow, you have quite an imagination. 

Yeah probably but this thing has been funny the last few days I dont think it harms the program. Let's be honest kids these days probably find this more interesting than the glory days of Nebraska football which they weren't even alive when that was a thing.

AND just in time for the start of Football season your Coach is under NCAA Investigation for having "illegal" practices (hello Mabel Lee) and hiring Advisors that are not allowed. On the surface it seems minor, but as it plays out and the potential losses pile up, things could get dicey for Wood River's native son...

Let's remember this.  Last time the NCAA ruled against Husker football, they put us on two years probation for this "major violation": giving student athletes textbooks that professors recommended (but did not require). Yep. That's all that happened--and it was self reported.
Under the latest U.S. Supreme Court ruling against the NCAA, any such NCAA textbooks regulation violated federal law. There should never have been a probation.

The NCAA gets tough on trivial things but seems absent on truly significant matters--this new episode seems like more of the same.

58 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Let's remember this.  Last time the NCAA ruled against Husker football, they put us on two years probation for this "major violation": giving student athletes textbooks that professors recommended (but did not require). Yep. That's all that happened--and it was self reported.
Under the latest U.S. Supreme Court ruling against the NCAA, any such NCAA textbooks regulation violated federal law. There should never have been a probation.

The NCAA gets tough on trivial things but seems absent on truly significant matters--this new episode seems like more of the same.

Meanwhile at Baylor: