Trev Alberts

He meets the criteria of being a Nebraska guy.  I thought that was the main criteria for being an AD.😉 That was the bash against Bill Byrne.  Moos got a pass because he brought Scott Frost back…

Some people will never be happy.  He’s been an AD for 12 years so he has the experience.  Give the guy a chance.

8 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Zero problems with this, my own question is why it took so long?  Was he like 4th down the list or something?  Just a random question to like the hornets nest haha.

I think they had to cover all their bases and see who was interested. Think Trev was who they wanted all along but I’m pretty sure it was not an easy decision for him to make the change. Do not think he was interested last time they were hiring.

27 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Let the praise/bashing begin...

Praise bashing? Is that like:

"Yo mama so fat...

...she went in for a doctor's appointment and got her cholesterol checked. Then took an interest in medicine. Got accepted into medical school. Became a doctor and joined Doctors without Borders and saved 10,000 children's lives during her medical career."?

Or I guess in Trev's case "Trev is so good at his job that Creighton refused to hire him, in fear that he would cut their basketball program."

There was a time when this fan base would’ve been over the moon @ the thought of Turner Gill as Head Football Coach & Alberts as AD. But “Frost Fatigue” has set in & the return of the prodigal son is met with skepticism now instead of the WOW factor it once held. I think it’s a tremendously solid hire & anyone that can get Dean Blaise to Omaha I’m firmly behind.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Praise bashing? Is that like:

"Yo mama so fat...

...she went in for a doctor's appointment and got her cholesterol checked. Then took an interest in medicine. Got accepted into medical school. Became a doctor and joined Doctors without Borders and saved 10,000 children's lives during her medical career."?

Or I guess in Trev's case "Trev is so good at his job that Creighton refused to hire him, in fear that he would cut their basketball program."

Here I was thinking we were going to get into a "Yo mama so fat" jokefest.

Like "Yo mama so fat, when she gets cut, she bleeds gravy."

"Oh yeah? Well yo mama so fat she has a tattoo of Antarctica on her butt and it's life-size."

I will definitely not be bashing this decision as I have been a fan of Trev from his playing days. Having watched his tenure at UNO from a distance, he has done amazing things for that campus and university. Agree or disagree with some of the decisions he made, many of them were extremely difficult and he did not shrink from that responsibility. Going through those challenges and learning/growing over 12 years, I firmly believe he will do a tremendous job for Nebraska athletics.

Okay, so leadership in the UNLAD now contains the following people:

Trev Alberts:  College athlete - Pro athlete - ESPN Analyst - Husker Alum

Fred Hoiberg:  College athlete - Pro athlete - NBA Front office - (not a Husker Alum but deep family ties to the university)

Scott Frost:  College athlete - Pro athlete - Husker Alum

Will Bolt:  College athlete - Husker Alum

Amy Williams:  College athlete - Husker Alum

Whether by design or not, it seems like we have a very certain type of person we look for in our leadership positions at the UNLAD.

Edited by 49r

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

Okay, so leadership in the UNLAD now contains the following people:

Trev Alberts:  College athlete - Pro athlete - ESPN Analyst - Husker Alum

Fred Hoiberg:  College athlete - Pro athlete - NBA Front office - (not a Husker Alum but deep family ties to the university)

Scott Frost:  College athlete - Pro athlete - Husker Alum

Will Bolt:  College athlete - Husker Alum

Amy Williams:  College athlete - Husker Alum

Whether by design or not, it seems like we have a very certain type of person we look for in our leadership positions at the UNLAD.

Beyond that, the people listed have been known to be tireless workers.  I liked Moos for the most part, but Trev is going to pride himself on being present and rival our coaches in his own work ethic.  

48 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Here I was thinking we were going to get into a "Yo mama so fat" jokefest.

Like "Yo mama so fat, when she gets cut, she bleeds gravy."

"Oh yeah? Well yo mama so fat she has a tattoo of Antarctica on her butt and it's life-size."

Yo mama so fat she jumped in the air and got stuck. 

32 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Gotta love this:

“We're going to get this thing turned around and not only win soon, but for a long time."

—Fred Hoiberg, while discussing Trev Alberts.

Where did you find this?  Is it in an article somewhere?