Alonzo Verge Jr.

atskooc

11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I am not convinced we have a PG on our roster next year at this time.  Needs to be a priority beyond just 1-2 year band-aid at some point.

Definitely need to hit the market with this major need. Hoiberg's penchant for a combo guard has really hampered NU's fortunes these past 3 seasons, and that will 100% need to be rectified this upcoming off-season. GBR

6 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Definitely need to hit the market with this major need. Hoiberg's penchant for a combo guard has really hampered NU's fortunes these past 3 seasons, and that will 100% need to be rectified this upcoming off-season. GBR

This harkens back to recruiting and the difference between stockpiling talent and building a roster

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I am not convinced we have a PG on our roster next year at this time.  Needs to be a priority beyond just 1-2 year band-aid at some point.

It's one reason I've flirted with the idea of taking 2 PGs via portal. One veteran guy and one younger guy with upside. Odds of that happening, idk. There will be a hole at the 4 and ideally that's someone who can score as they'll be losing a lot of scoring. They obviously take 1 via portal, but they'd have to create room to take 1 more (cast away denim, Keon, Keisei, or Oleg). There's still that Avery Brown kid available, but there's been very little talk about us from him. 

Perfect world, there's a PG that has multiple years of eligibility left that comes aboard.

I share your skepticism. Once the new assistants are in place we may have an idea of who is a target. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...