What will our rotation look like next year?

31 minutes ago, 49r said:

The team has taken to give Wilhelm the nickname "Wilheem" or "Heem" for short.  It's a take on Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (not sure where that's coming from) but the board here has picked it up and we are going with it for now.

A fellow eyeglass wearer

Lakers News: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar donates 900 pairs of safety goggles to  UCLA Health - Silver Screen and Roll

On 10/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I've said in the past Wilhelm is the most talented big man we've recruited since at least Dave Hoppen

Would you consider him more talented than Venson Hamilton?  Wilhelm is certainly more versatile than Venson but he was an absolute beast in the interior.  

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm still holding out hope he develops a sick sky-hook.

Man if he did he would become a legend. He would be on sports center regularly. He would make bank in endorsements.  And I would yell to my wife, "Come check out this sky hook!" Every single time he made one. The entire time he was at Nebraska. Shaking my head muttering to my wife, "Beautiful! It's beautiful isn't it?!?" 

8 hours ago, 49r said:

I guess the "Heem" could also work for Hakeem too...maybe that works better.  Does he have a good Dream Shake move?

I'd settle for Kurt Rambis though.  Get him some sweet shop teacher frames.

If Breidenbach merely matches the freshman year stats that you imagine Kurt Rambis had, would you be:  a) disappointed, b) indifferent, c) happy, or d) ecstatic?

Then actually look up Kurt Rambis's college stats and answer the question again.

7 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If Breidenbach merely matches the freshman year stats that you imagine Kurt Rambis had, would you be:  a) disappointed, b) indifferent, c) happy, or d) ecstatic?

Then actually look up Kurt Rambis's college stats and answer the question again.

Honestly, indifferent.  I'm looking at it from a purely aesthetic standpoint...

...but after looking on basketball-reference at his college freshman stats, I'd probably have to go somewhere between c) happy and d) ecstatic.

4 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Rambis was Head Coach of the Timberwolves while Fred was in the front office...

11 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

15 points, 12 rebounds, 1.4 assists per game, 53% from the field BUT 56% from the line.

I'm ecstatic.

18 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Indifferent.  If the team is dancing at the end of the year, I could care less about individual stats.  

Hoiberg during his presser right now said that they're still figuring out rotations, that they had 12-13 guys who were capable of being in that rotation, and that obviously that was too many players.

Just looking over 14 scholarship players I'll assume that Oleg is #14 and that #13 is either McPherson or Lakes. 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:56 AM, millerhusker said:

Washut is now projecting Wilhelm to replace Walker in the starting lineup. If he’s an upgrade over Walker already as a true freshman, that’s huge. Derrick was one of our most consistent players last year. 

Washut is now projecting that Wilhelm was just playing well while Walker was out ill and that Walker is still the presumptive starter.

My world is back in balance.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Washut is now projecting that Wilhelm was just playing well while Walker was out ill and that Walker is still the presumptive starter.

My world is back in balance.

FWIW, he wasn’t referring to Wilhelm replacing Walker in practice due to illness. He predicted that Wilhelm will end up being the starter at the 5, based off of conversations he’s had. Just sharing what Washut predicted. 

29 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

FWIW, he wasn’t referring to Wilhelm replacing Walker in practice due to illness. He predicted that Wilhelm will end up being the starter at the 5, based off of conversations he’s had. Just sharing what Washut predicted. 

Was he saying eventually or game 1?  I think he'll likely grow into the starter either at the 4 or 5, but he weighs enough to play the 5 now, so he's certainly going to create some options game 1.