What will our rotation look like next year?

Pending further information, smart money, at this point, would be roughly ...

1. Trey ~ 90%

2. Bryce ~90%

3. Lat ~ 80%

4. Derrick ~70%

5. Kobe ~ 51%

6. CJ ~ 49%

7. Eduardo ~ 30%

8. Keon ~ 25%

9. Keisei ~ 6%

10. Wilhelm ~ 5%

11. Quaran ~ 2%

12. Trevor ~ 1.5%

13. Oleg ~ 0.5%

Edited by Norm Peterson

On 6/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, huskerbill85 said:

I was looking through the roster assuming Banton comes back were about 10-11 deep IMO. We wouldnt run that many would we? I'm not even sure who starts.

I put myself firmly in this category, but leave it to Nebraska fans coming off back to back 20 loss seasons to lament the fact that we simply have TOO many good players...

12 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Pending further information, smart money, at this point, would be roughly ...

1. Trey ~ 90%

2. Bryce ~90%

3. Lat ~ 80%

4. Derrick ~70%

5. Kobe ~ 51%

6. CJ ~ 49%

7. Eduardo ~ 30%

8. Keon ~ 25%

9. Keisei ~ 6%

10. Wilhelm ~ 5%

11. Quaran ~ 2%

12. Trevor ~ 1.5%

13. Oleg ~ 0.5%

Well, go ahead and play fill in the blank game with either >>, >, =, <, << compared to the roster from 4 years ago.

Trey McGowens

Anton Gill

Bryce McGowens

James Palmer

Lat Mayen

Isaac Copeland

Derrick Walker

Isiah Roby

Kobe Webster

Glynn Watson

CJ Wilcher

Evan Taylor

Eduardo Andre

Jordy Tshimanga

Keon Edwards

Thomas Allen

Keisei Tominaga

Jack McVeigh

W.  Breidenbach

Duby Okeke

Q.  McPherson

Nana Akenten

Trevor Lakes

T. Thorbjarnarson

Oleg Kojenets

Tanner Borchardt

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I put myself firmly in this category, but leave it to Nebraska fans coming off back to back 20 loss seasons to lament the fact that we simply have TOO many good players...

This is true the reality is right now our good players are the McGowens brothers and Walker who's a solid player. Edwards/Wilcher highly rated guys but stats weren't eye popping. Entirely possible they play up to their potential, well then that makes us a really good team. Say they play somewhere in between? I think were an average team. That leads us to Mayen if he can be more consistent shooter that leads me to believe we will have a really good offense with the Mcgowens brothers leading the way.

I think my biggest question is and obviously this wont be answered until we see the team play is how will we play on defense? Perhaps the biggest surprise under Hoiberg has been just how bad the defense has been at times. Still think were a little light up front but this conversation will be different in a few years when some of these guys develope. 

7 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Well, go ahead and play fill in the blank game with either >>, >, =, <, << compared to the roster from 4 years ago.

Trey McGowens

Anton Gill

Bryce McGowens

James Palmer

Lat Mayen

Isaac Copeland

Derrick Walker

Isiah Roby

Kobe Webster

Glynn Watson

CJ Wilcher

Evan Taylor

Eduardo Andre

Jordy Tshimanga

Keon Edwards

Thomas Allen

Keisei Tominaga

Jack McVeigh

W.  Breidenbach

Duby Okeke

Q.  McPherson

Nana Akenten

Trevor Lakes

T. Thorbjarnarson

Oleg Kojenets

Tanner Borchardt

Trey>Anton

Bryce<Palmer

Lat<Copeland

Walker<<Roby

Webster<Watson

Wilcher=Taylor

Andre>>Tshimanga

Edwards>Allen

Tominaga>Mcveigh

Breidenbach>>Okeke

McPherson=Akenten

Lakes<Thor

Kojenets<Tanner

-Trey obviously put up more numbers than Anton but Anton was far from the 1st option. Wouldnt say Trey is WAY better. 

- Dont like saying a freshman is better than what JPJ did that year, even if we are talking 5 star freshman. If bryce puts up 70% of the production JPJ did i would be thrilled

-Copeland was just a better version of Lat. Better percentages, more rebounds, and fewer turnovers. 

-As much as i like webster Roby was a unicorn who could guard all 5 spots. And oh yea, was an NBA draft pick

-Going with watson just due to better playmaking and being more of a defensive presence on the floor. Like Websters shooting numbers though

-Not going way deep into the bench, but i would imagine a pretty significant advantage with this years squad

13 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Trey>Anton

Bryce<Palmer

Lat<Copeland

Walker<<Roby

Webster<Watson

Wilcher=Taylor

Andre>>Tshimanga

Edwards>Allen

Tominaga>Mcveigh

Breidenbach>>Okeke

McPherson=Akenten

Lakes<Thor

Kojenets<Tanner

-Trey obviously put up more numbers than Anton but Anton was far from the 1st option. Wouldnt say Trey is WAY better. 

- Dont like saying a freshman is better than what JPJ did that year, even if we are talking 5 star freshman. If bryce puts up 70% of the production JPJ did i would be thrilled

-Copeland was just a better version of Lat. Better percentages, more rebounds, and fewer turnovers. 

-As much as i like webster Roby was a unicorn who could guard all 5 spots. And oh yea, was an NBA draft pick

-Going with watson just due to better playmaking and being more of a defensive presence on the floor. Like Websters shooting numbers though

-Not going way deep into the bench, but i would imagine a pretty significant advantage with this years squad

My picks would be similar, which makes it seem like we could still be a ways away from where we want to be. I wouldn’t say Eduardo >> Jordy. I wasn’t a fan of Jordy’s game at all, but he did have better production (on a much better team) than Eduardo did. Eduardo has a much higher ceiling than Jordy, but I’m gonna have to see it come to fruition first. I remember his head scratching plays just as much as his few highlight plays on the year. 

14 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

This is true the reality is right now our good players are the McGowens brothers and Walker who's a solid player. Edwards/Wilcher highly rated guys but stats weren't eye popping. Entirely possible they play up to their potential, well then that makes us a really good team. Say they play somewhere in between? I think were an average team. That leads us to Mayen if he can be more consistent shooter that leads me to believe we will have a really good offense with the Mcgowens brothers leading the way.

I think my biggest question is and obviously this wont be answered until we see the team play is how will we play on defense? Perhaps the biggest surprise under Hoiberg has been just how bad the defense has been at times. Still think were a little light up front but this conversation will be different in a few years when some of these guys develope. 

I’m especially excited to see how Edwards & Briedenbach perform...

14 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Perhaps the biggest surprise under Hoiberg has been just how bad the defense has been at times. 

The biggest surprise for me has been how inefficient (and flat out bad) the offense has been for most of the last two years, considering we have one of the brightest offensive minds in the basketball world as our head coach (I still believe this to be true). 

We had a top 40 defense in the country last year. 

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

My picks would be similar, which makes it seem like we could still be a ways away from where we want to be. I wouldn’t say Eduardo >> Jordy. I wasn’t a fan of Jordy’s game at all, but he did have better production (on a much better team) than Eduardo did. Eduardo has a much higher ceiling than Jordy, but I’m gonna have to see it come to fruition first. I remember his head scratching plays just as much as his few highlight plays on the year. 

Fair. I just remember all the drama with him and how it seemed like we force-fed him the ball early to appease him

TMac-Kobe

BMac

CJ 

Mayen

Walker-Andre

^^^ that’s the rotation I would count on.  Beyond that it’s a crap shoot for the 8th man IMO.  I personally think Tominaga is a huge potential X factor off the bench.  It will be very interesting to see if he can stretch the court at the D1 level.  I think he’s a different cat.  I don’t remember ever seeing a shooter like him on tape coming to Nebraska.  

Not counting on other youngins outside of Bryce to be contributors. That includes Wilhelm.  I just don’t think they’ll have the strength but I hope I’m wrong.