2021 Husker Football Outlook

18 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Give the HC and defensive assistants another year...on the offensive side, there has to be changes.  Either our players or the schemes or something is screwed up .

Take pressure off of Martinez.   We have talented enough RB's that they cannot run 18 times and Martinez 15 times.  Trust Johnson, Yant, and Stepp more.  Run Martinez at times.  You are just asking for injuries to Martinez.

I am not a Martinez hater and thinks he is very unfairly treated by fans.  Up until the Minnesota game, he was one of the top QB's in the conference.  Now, we learned he had an ankle injury going into the game.  I knew something was up when he had negative yard output.  I thought today he was every bit the equal of Stroud, who is most likely going to be 1st team All Big 10.

I had to laugh a few times when Stroud missed a wide open Olave, and overthrew Olave by a hair another time.  I was imagining Nebraska fans if that was Martinez. 

I don't think you can keep Frost.  Today's the type of day when you think we are getting there.  Then, you remember Illinois,  Minnesota,  and Purdue, and think this is not going to work.

Trev is in a no win situation.  He keeps Frost.  The downfall is if he goes 6 - 6 next year, that really will not be enough improvement for me to give him a 6th year.  You fire him and you piss off 80 % of the fan base, who think Frost is the savior.  Me, personally,  would move on from him.  The 80 % would be on the fire side with any coach who didn't play here.

25 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I am not a Martinez hater and thinks he is very unfairly treated by fans.  Up until the Minnesota game, he was one of the top QB's in the conference.  Now, we learned he had an ankle injury going into the game.  I knew something was up when he had negative yard output.  I thought today he was every bit the equal of Stroud, who is most likely going to be 1st team All Big 10.

This stat was before this season even started, and does not include Martinez's interceptions/total turnovers.

Martinez is both our best player and our worst player.

18 hours ago, brfrad said:

Take pressure off of Martinez.   We have talented enough RB's that they cannot run 18 times and Martinez 15 times.  Trust Johnson, Yant, and Stepp more.  Run Martinez at times.  You are just asking for injuries to Martinez.

I had to laugh a few times when Stroud missed a wide open Olave, and overthrew Olave by a hair another time.  I was imagining Nebraska fans if that was Martinez. 

I don't think you can keep Frost.  Today's the type of day when you think we are getting there.  Then, you remember Illinois,  Minnesota,  and Purdue, and think this is not going to work.

Trev is in a no win situation.  He keeps Frost.  The downfall is if he goes 6 - 6 next year, that really will not be enough improvement for me to give him a 6th year.  You fire him and you piss off 80 % of the fan base, who think Frost is the savior.  Me, personally,  would move on from him.  The 80 % would be on the fire side with any coach who didn't play here.

I think it was closer to 90% for Frost being the savior. And I laugh my ass off at the 90% that want him fired as of yesterday. You made the bed now sleep in it.

There will now be at most 2 teams who have failed to make a bowl game since Frost has been here.  Nebraska and the loser of Maryland and Rutgers.  Maryland has Michigan and Rutgers.  Rutgers has Penn State and Maryland.  Both teams have 5 wins.  Just need 1 more.

That shows how far this team has fallen.

Edited by brfrad

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Just putting this here:

I watched that live...crazy ending.  SDSU had a 4th down with 7 seconds left and instead of punting they decided to throw a long pass into the stands.  When the ball landed the clock showed :00 but the refs decided to put one second back on the clock, giving USD the opportunity to throw that Hail Mary.

Jacks should have punted.

I was listening to the Iowa Minnesota game last night.  I am still perplexed on time management by both coaches.  Minnesota has 1 time out remaining and has the ball with 2:20 to play in the game.  4th and 17 from their own 3 yard line. Down 2.  I'm thinking you should punt the ball.  Use your 1 time out.  Try to stop them from getting a 1st down.  You should get the ball back with around :40 hopefully around the 15 to drive for a game winning field goal.  Fleck decides to go for it and fails.

Now, Iowa gets the ball at the Minnesota 3 with 2:18 to go.  All you have to do is get 3 yards and go ahead by 9, virtually sealing the game.  They play super conservative and go backwards 8 yards, and try a field goal with 0:41 left.  Minnesota gets the ball back after the kick-off goes from their own 29 to Iowa's 39 until Morgan gets stripped sack and time expires.  Now, imagine if Minnesota had punted and ended up getting the ball to Iowa's 39.  You get to try a 56 yarder to win it.  

24 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I was listening to the Iowa Minnesota game last night.  I am still perplexed on time management by both coaches.  Minnesota has 1 time out remaining and has the ball with 2:20 to play in the game.  4th and 17 from their own 3 yard line. Down 2.  I'm thinking you should punt the ball.  Use your 1 time out.  Try to stop them from getting a 1st down.  You should get the ball back with around :40 hopefully around the 15 to drive for a game winning field goal.  Fleck decides to go for it and fails.

Now, Iowa gets the ball at the Minnesota 3 with 2:18 to go.  All you have to do is get 3 yards and go ahead by 9, virtually sealing the game.  They play super conservative and go backwards 8 yards, and try a field goal with 0:41 left.  Minnesota gets the ball back after the kick-off goes from their own 29 to Iowa's 39 until Morgan gets stripped sack and time expires.  Now, imagine if Minnesota had punted and ended up getting the ball to Iowa's 39.  You get to try a 56 yarder to win it.  

PJ out ROWED himself.