2021 Husker Football Outlook

My silver lining in this game was the fact Oklahoma did not play a terrible game, and we still hung with them, despite our own mistakes.  Martinez's one interception took an amazing catch, and actually turned out to help us.  It gave us 25 yards of field position because if it drops incomplete, it moves back to the 33 yard line.  Martinez has played extremely well this year.  We need to figure out how to limit our mistakes.  I'm hoping the offensive line can figure it out.

Michigan State is going to be a monster test.  They have played extremely well this year.  I might put them ahead of Iowa as the best team in the Big 10, right now.

We

42 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The interception was perhaps the second best thing that could have happened in that instance.  Oklahoma would have benefited by simply batting the ball down. 

My lone issue, really, is our continued special teams ineptitude.  Totally and completely unacceptable. 

At least we didn't fumble any of Oklahoma's punts!!  Baby steps.

How many times can we beat ourselves.  4 out of 5 OL have a false start penalty.  About every member of our DL has a penalty.  Our P has kicks of 7 yards, and 29 yards.  Then, the one time we need him to punt it short, he punts it into our end zone.  At least the ST coach switched teams for the last FG try of the half.

Listening to this post game conference, I have no faith in this coaching staff.  I was losing faith before but now it is gone.  Blaming the team is absolutely uncalled for.  It is your f'ing job to get it figured out and fixed.  It is time to move on from Frost and find someone.  This team is talented enough to win the West this year.  But, the mental game of this team is absolutely awful.

The yardage difference in 1 score games.

Colorado +170 Loss by 5

Troy +111 Loss by 5

Northwestern -5 Loss by 3

Ohio State -31 Loss by 5

Michigan State -41 Won by 3

Iowa -19 Loss by 3

Colorado +5 Loss by 3

Illinois +386 Won by 4 (How is that even possible?)

Northwestern +26 Won by 3

Indiana +59 Loss by 7

Purdue -74 Loss by 4

Iowa -40 Loss by 3

Northwestern +125 Loss by 8

Penn State -203 Won by 7

Iowa +17 Loss by 6

Minnesota -79 Loss by 7

Rutgers +368 Won by 7 (Again, how is this possible?)

Illinois +66 Loss by 8

Oklahoma -24 Loss by 7

Michigan State +186 Loss by 3

On 9/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, brfrad said:

Buffalo is a huge game, if we entertain bowl hopes.  It is very hard to find 5 more wins on this schedule.   

Sure wins : none

Should win : Buffalo, Northwestern,  Purdue

Toss-up : Michigan State

Should lose : Michigan, Minnesota

Sure losses : Iowa, Wisconsin,  Oklahoma, Ohio State 

Need to win all the should wins, toss-up, and 1 of the should lose games to make a bowl game.  Why the Illinois game was so devastating.

I'm going to change this

Sure wins : none

Should win : none

Toss-up : none

Should lose : none

Sure losses : Northwestern, Michigan, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State

the players have turned the corner on this dumpster fire of a program. the staff, however, is still wanking at the bus stop. 

if you can't win this game, i'm not sure what game you can win. total control late, the ball, crushing defense, and then there's the thing you can fix but after 4 years still haven't: special ed teams. 

this team is poorly coached and stupid to a degree that makes honey boo boo look like an Oxfordian

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Frost has a very large buyout. Kudos to him for working that out despite being a very average to bad coach. 

The question is….can Trev afford not to fire him at this point? There really is no excuse keeping him another year outside of the buyout money Nebraska would owe him. 

Each game gets us closer to a big booster coming to pony up the money for the buyout.  Imagine for a moment, Riley is 14 - 23 4 years in.  He was 19 - 19 after 3 years, and got shown the door.  

There was a time in the 4th quarter, I got caught up in fool's gold.  I saw a team that actually looked like the best team in the Big 10 West.  Wisconsin has no QB.  Iowa has no offense.  Minnesota lost to Bowling Green.  Northwestern is not good.  Illinois is 1 - 2 in Big 10.  Purdue keeps rotating QB's.  Then, I remember Special Ed Teams are still a dumpster fire.

Frost's post game pushed me over the edge tonight.  Zero accountability taken by him.  It was all the player's fault.

28 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Each game gets us closer to a big booster coming to pony up the money for the buyout.  Imagine for a moment, Riley is 14 - 23 4 years in.  He was 19 - 19 after 3 years, and got shown the door.  

There was a time in the 4th quarter, I got caught up in fool's gold.  I saw a team that actually looked like the best team in the Big 10 West.  Wisconsin has no QB.  Iowa has no offense.  Minnesota lost to Bowling Green.  Northwestern is not good.  Illinois is 1 - 2 in Big 10.  Purdue keeps rotating QB's.  Then, I remember Special Ed Teams are still a dumpster fire.

Frost's post game pushed me over the edge tonight.  Zero accountability taken by him.  It was all the player's fault.

Yes, but there are many dolts in this fanbase that continue to give Frost a pass because of who he was as a player. 100% if he was some outsider the majority would want him gone. 

We have seen enough. The same things continue to plague his teams over and over and over. There is no sign of it changing or getting better. He had his chance to switch up the staff and didn’t. His head should be on the chopping block and I can only hope Trev can find the money to send him packing and hire a quality coach. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13