2021 Husker Football Outlook

20 minutes ago, 49r said:
24 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It's a 24-17 game at halftime, for those who love to play the game "if only we didn't have mistakes against Illinois we would've won the game".

Uh...I thought it was 24-7?

Just like how the Illinois score was 30-22. But some like to play this "if we didn't have the scoop and score, and didn't have this, didn't have that, we would have won the game."

What matters is the actual score on the field. Can't pick and choose "if this, if that" just for one team.

7 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Just like how the Illinois score was 30-22. But some like to play this "if we didn't have the scoop and score, and didn't have this, didn't have that, we would have won the game."

What matters is the actual score on the field. Can't pick and choose "if this, if that" just for one team.

The point was the scoop and score wasn't on our defense. The defense played well enough to win last week. Add up the points that Illinois' offense actually earned and our offense should be good enough to outscore it.

Buffalo is a huge game, if we entertain bowl hopes.  It is very hard to find 5 more wins on this schedule.   

Sure wins : none

Should win : Buffalo, Northwestern,  Purdue

Toss-up : Michigan State

Should lose : Michigan, Minnesota

Sure losses : Iowa, Wisconsin,  Oklahoma, Ohio State 

Need to win all the should wins, toss-up, and 1 of the should lose games to make a bowl game.  Why the Illinois game was so devastating.

30 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Buffalo is a huge game, if we entertain bowl hopes.  It is very hard to find 5 more wins on this schedule.   

Need to win all the should wins, toss-up, and 1 of the should lose games to make a bowl game.  Why the Illinois game was so devastating.

So what you're saying is, this is a "Bowl or Bull" game.

(I'll see myself out now... :lol:)

I didn't think we would do this to Buffalo.  I thought a win would be satisfying.  I didn't think we would win 28 - 3 (really could have scored 48 points)  2 extremely questionable penalties followed by 2 missed field goals by a kicker with the yips.

Good : Defense has played well this year.  Outside of the 3rd quarter against Illinois, and the first quarter against Fordham, this defense has been stout.

Bad : Offensive line has struggled this year.  Numbers have been decent this season, but take out a Martinez 75 yard run and 71 yard run, they don't look quite as good.  Also, take away the 2nd half against a worn out Fordham, it really doesn't look good.

Ugly : Punt return team coughs up another punt.  Not Cam Taylor-Britt's fault this time.  But, if we make Oklahoma punt, can not cough up the ball again.

2 hours ago, brfrad said:

I didn't think we would do this to Buffalo.  I thought a win would be satisfying.  I didn't think we would win 28 - 3 (really could have scored 48 points)  2 extremely questionable penalties followed by 2 missed field goals by a kicker with the yips.

Good : Defense has played well this year.  Outside of the 3rd quarter against Illinois, and the first quarter against Fordham, this defense has been stout.

Bad : Offensive line has struggled this year.  Numbers have been decent this season, but take out a Martinez 75 yard run and 71 yard run, they don't look quite as good.  Also, take away the 2nd half against a worn out Fordham, it really doesn't look good.

Ugly : Punt return team coughs up another punt.  Not Cam Taylor-Britt's fault this time.  But, if we make Oklahoma punt, can not cough up the ball again.

A lot of good points. NU holding teams defensively is a breath of fresh air. It will be imperative that the D holds down OU for NU to have a chance to leave Norman with an upset victory. Stranger things have occurred to NU, why not us doing the improbable?! GBR!

On 9/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, brfrad said:

Took care of business today.  Might move Minnesota to toss-up and Wisconsin and Ohio State as should lose.  Also, should move Michigan State from toss-up to should lose.  I might move Iowa to should lose.  Their offense has struggled in their first 2 games.  If, and knowing our team, it is a big if, we can hang onto the ball in that game, we have a chance.  I still don't have much faith against Oklahoma.   My prediction : Oklahoma 45 Nebraska 28

Edited by brfrad

On 9/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, brfrad said:

I would put Minnesota as a toss up after they lost there stud RB.