Former Husker Player getting his due

When we were looking for a new coach I questioned the ability for a NBA guy like Lue with no HS connections and seemingly being burnt out to come in a recruit, which is often more than half the job. I don't have those questions now; he would have won here and maybe one day if timing permits he will. 

I really hope the new AD embraces him. Not saying Moos didn’t, but I heard Ty wasn’t eligible for the longest time to receive a certain honor or induction because he didn’t graduate from UNL. Correct me if I’m wrong, and I could be, but if that’s true, how moronic. Young four and five star guys want to get in the league - so having Hoiberg and Lue as examples of NBA success and experience would be beneficial. 

He has a quality that 3 of the 4 remaining coaches have.  I am not necessarily saying Budenholzer lacks it completely, but Lue, Willams and McMillan all are big time players coaches.  Their teams will leave it out there.  Lue at the top of this list quite comfortably.  Watching them so outmanned inside last night, and the gang junkyard dog type rebounding was a joy to watch.  Seems to be a common theme around the league.  These African American coaches around the league seem to really have the love of their players to a point where it is very noticeable.  

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

When we were looking for a new coach I questioned the ability for a NBA guy like Lue with no HS connections and seemingly being burnt out to come in a recruit, which is often more than half the job. I don't have those questions now; he would have won here and maybe one day if timing permits he will. 

Juwan Howard. Perfect illustration. NBA guy with no HS connections that you'd have been aware of and he sees success from day 1. I'm really surprised at how well he's done.

No guarantee an NBA guy will succeed at the college game. But there's now a precedence to look at and say "this could work."