Moos is Out?

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'd take Bill Moos over Shawn Eichorst any day.

I'd agree with that. I was still in "the verdict is still out" mode with Moos. Nothing bad. Just that he was blowing through so much cash for the program, those returns on investment were just longer term projects. And I didn't feel we saw those returns (or should have expected to yet) and the ROI was still TBD.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

What are you talking about?  Just cause he was listed on some "watch" list doesn't mean anything.  Lots of people were on that list and probably didn't even know they were listed.  So where has he been shopping around at?

Edited by kldm64

18 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'd agree with that. I was still in "the verdict is still out" mode with Moos. Nothing bad. Just that he was blowing through so much cash for the program, those returns on investment were just longer term projects. And I didn't feel we saw those returns (or should have expected to yet) and the ROI was still TBD.

Didn't Moos leave WSU about broke?

34 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

He's awfully old to be taking on that job, but maybe they'd just want him as a caretaker until they find somebody else. They should rename the Athletic Department the Drama Department.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/6/25/athletics-moos-to-retire-from-athletic-director-position.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3XNLQGrqfjBpMav948G6OAYqgFcDt6vXk0TGdUlzgJNeLpV9r2HfwbTK0

retiring, I’d assume he did what he wanted to do with the schools blessings, hired the coaches the fan base wanted and is ready to call it a day after like 30 years in the biz.  Can’t fault him for that.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I never trusted that guy from the beginning.  Something always seemed off to me about him.

He always struck me as overmatched & out of his element (regardless if he owned a ranch). The way he handled Tim Miles told me all I needed to know about him. Frost/Hoiberg/Bolt with their Nebraska ties would’ve come here regardless of the AD. I for one am hoping Hank Bounds gets the nod, not Trev Alberts & not someone who’s supposedly “on the come”...

I'd take Bill Moos over Shawn Eichorst any day.

If they promote Matt Davison into the job, I might be done though.

I see you have strong opinions on Matt Davison. Care to expand on why?

I don’t disagree with you, FTR, just curious on your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk