Jump to content

Creighton Basketball - what a bunch of cheaters


Recommended Posts

CU got handed penalty for recruiting violations.  Not the squeaky clean program they like everyone to believe.  

 

  • Two years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine plus 1% of the men’s basketball program budget.
  • A reduction of men’s basketball scholarships by one per year for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of men’s basketball official visits by six during the 2021-22/2022-23 rolling two-year period (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction in the number of men’s basketball recruiting person days by 10% from the previous four-year average for the two-year probationary period (self-imposed by the university).
  • The university will prohibit complimentary admission to home games for all prospects and coaches in November 2021 (self-imposed by the university).
  • A two-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The university will prohibit complimentary admission to home games for all prospects and coaches in November 2021 (self-imposed by the university).

This will be what, one, maybe two games vs directional schools that they probably would not be bring kids in for.  Way to punish them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

CU got handed penalty for recruiting violations.  Not the squeaky clean program they like everyone to believe.  

 

  • ...A $5,000 fine plus 1% of the men’s basketball program budget....

This one will get 'em. Now they can only offer $99,000 and a good job for dad to prospects. 

 

The NCAA sure showed them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, throwback said:

This one will get 'em. Now they can only offer $99,000 and a good job for dad to prospects. 

 

The NCAA sure showed them.

 

Their basketball budget is in the $8-$9 mil range so it's a 80-90k fine on top of the 5k. 

One way to think of it is if you're a season ticket holder, roughly $5-$6 of your ticket next year is going to the NCAA because of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the story and it doesn’t appear to be recruiting related at all.  Sounds like the assistant was trying to make side cash directing players to a wanna be sports agent.  That in Itself seems weird to me because Creighton has a kid go to the league maybe every 4 years?  Looks like the AD blew it because he didn’t talk to the compliance people when he found out, which is probably what made the NCAA mad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to their dumpster fire message board and learned a couple things.  

 

1.   We think they cheat but they don't, which is somehow why they beat our ass every year.  I don't see the correlation but since Creighton people are smarter than us, we will go with it.  

 

2.  All the joy we got from getting an elite recruiting class went completely out the window when they came on late and got a nice one.   I have to admit, they are right again.  they read me like a book and maybe I represent a majority of the fan base.  Since they did well at the end, I no longer care about getting McGowens, Breidenbach, Wilcher, Edwards etc.  I just lay awake at night thinking to myself.  Why did Creighton have to get such a good class at the  end.  It completely ruins what we did.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

 

I'll tell you this, Superior is one of the 12 nicest towns on Highway 14.  (Unless you also include Marquette and Loretto on that list, then it's one of the 14 nicest.)

It’s on the scenic banks of the Republican River & also the smallest city in the State with it’s own radio station. Hometown of Husker greats Ed Weir & now Kalyn Meyer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

 

Nebraska's first official practice, the year they had their first NCAA tournament appearance, was at the Aurora gym and open to the public.

 

Nebraska's first *actual* practice, the year they had their first NCAA tournament appearance, was at Mabel Lee Hall, and they taped up the windows so no one could see into the gym because Moe was breaking NCAA rules by conducting a practice earlier than the rules allowed. And some intrepid, young reporter from the Daily Nebraskan got wind of it and ratted out the team.

Edited by Norm Peterson
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, royalfan said:

Went to their dumpster fire message board and learned a couple things.  

 

1.   We think they cheat but they don't, which is somehow why they beat our ass every year.  I don't see the correlation but since Creighton people are smarter than us, we will go with it.  

 

2.  All the joy we got from getting an elite recruiting class went completely out the window when they came on late and got a nice one.   I have to admit, they are right again.  they read me like a book and maybe I represent a majority of the fan base.  Since they did well at the end, I no longer care about getting McGowens, Breidenbach, Wilcher, Edwards etc.  I just lay awake at night thinking to myself.  Why did Creighton have to get such a good class at the  end.  It completely ruins what we did.  

 

So they go from McDermott's comments and lose their top rated recruit from it to magically pulling in a Top 5 recruiting class?  Clearly that was all above board.  Move along people, there's nothing to see here...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...