OT: CWS talk

Bugeaters1

What a bleepin' mess. How bad would this be if NC State had somehow won that game yesterday? And they were way closer to winning it than they should've been.

Fans are allowed to fill every seat in that place - with no proof of vaccination - yet somehow the young healthy athletes playing a naturally socially distanced sport, many of whom have taken the vaccine, are unable to continue?

The NCAA is more than happy to take the ticket / concessions / merchandise money, yet somehow draw the line on "safety" here? 

It's a clown show.

It also calls into question what's going to happen in the 2021-22 athletic season. Will the NCAA continue to have this same policy in place? I mean covid isn't going away completely. So will the NCAA be able to institute testing out of the blue during the NCAA basketball tournament if one of the players comes down with the sniffles? 

I hope Kevin Warren is hiding in his house and not paying attention to what's going on in Omaha, or we're sure to have some crazy B1G-only testing protocols implemented for the upcoming season.

On the plus side, maybe they should test the Vandy Whistler for covid. Hopefully he could be sent home too. 

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So ridiculous.  Leave it to the NCAA to continue to botch things.  Feel awful for the NCST team.

Would like to see all the teams left refuse to play until the NCAA let's NCST play.

I see what you're saying...but these NCAA COVID policies have been known for all Fall, Winter, and Spring sports. Shouldn't some of the onus be on the players for not taking precautions? If the championship was on the line for me, I would consider taking extreme measures to stay within the policy.

(Not looking to politicize here, just a mention where I see some players refusing to get vaccinated. And that's within their right, but if it were me I would be extra cautious even selfishly just so I wouldn't sit out any games, let alone my entire team.)

So I guess I was of the opinion that, when there was enough vaccinations out there that it was a choice for everyone, it shouldn't affect things like this anymore.  Now that there is enough to either get vaccinated (you really should if you haven't) or not (I will respect those that choose not to), we should start to "move on" so to speak.  Everything (study wise) that I have seen shows that with a vaccination, even if you get it, you'll have a very high chance of being fine.

It's a tough call, but the blame shouldn't, IMO, be on the players who chose not get a vaccination.  The blame should be on the NCAA who should have a changed a rule that is about 3 months outdated.  

Unfortunately, this d-bag loves the negative attention, so the more social media posts that mention how much they hate him, the more he'll feed off it. (Is he Grant Gibbs' long lost uncle? Maybe.)

VU fans have talked themselves into believing that his ability to get onto the nerves of other fans is somehow helping their team. They protect & encourage him. It's a sick enablement situation. But in Omaha, all it does is turn neutral fans against VU and give them the Tejas treatment.

He had toned it down a bit earlier in the tournament, but now that it's championship time, he's upped his game. It was unbearable last night, especially when the game was out of hand after the 1st inning.  

Someone needs to invent audio software that will filter out that particular pitch of sound on the broadcast so at least fans at home don't have to listen. ESPN would pay a fortune for it.

I hope Miss St buries them the next two nights, but I think it's a long shot.

By the way, Shatel mentioned this morning that the CWS next season is going back toward its more traditional start from many years back, which is amazing news.

It'll start on a Friday in 2022 (instead of Saturday) and the championship series will start the following Saturday (instead of the following Monday). No off day before the championship series starts. 

A long overdue change for fans attending. Dragging it into that 2nd week with the Mon-Wed championship series was a giant pain in the ass, not to mention the idiocy of having the stadium sit empty on a Sunday (and sometimes a Saturday) before the championship series. 

Edited by throwback

Final conference results from the Regionals, Super Regionals, and College World Series.

That's a wrap.

Rank Conference Teams Remaining Wins Losses Winning %
1 SEC 9 1 37 23 62%
2 Big 12 4 0 12 8 60%
3 Sun Belt 1 0 3 2 60%
4 ACC 8 0 25 17 60%
5 Pac-12 6 0 19 14 58%
6 Big West 2 0 5 4 56%
7 AAC 2 0 6 5 55%
8 C-USA 4 0 8 8 50%
9 MVC 2 0 5 5 50%
10 MAC 1 0 2 2 50%