2023 PG Trey Green -> Xavier

hhcmatt

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Real interesting this is the Green we are visiting today

Also interesting that Keita gets the opening day visit.  Is Blaise getting cold feet?  Should we be worried?  I understand needing to continuously recruit your verbal commits...but first day of one of the most important recruiting periods is giving me some strong vibes that maybe his recruitment isn't over.

16 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Also interesting that Keita gets the opening day visit.  Is Blaise getting cold feet?  Should we be worried?  I understand needing to continuously recruit your verbal commits...but first day of one of the most important recruiting periods is giving me some strong vibes that maybe his recruitment isn't over.

I'm not sure of the situation, but I think coaches are always worried until the kid is on campus and locked up in the gym or dorm.  (Especially in today's world of transfers and late flips in recruiting) 

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Could be they haven’t been able to see him in person at all, or at least for a really long time with Covid restrictions just being lifted in what, June?

On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, Navin R. Johnson said:

I'm not sure of the situation, but I think coaches are always worried until the kid is on campus and locked up in the gym or dorm.  (Especially in today's world of transfers and late flips in recruiting) 

Adam Finkelstein on Twitter: "Prospects… If you don’t see the coaches you think are recruiting you today, it is probably because they are seeing someone else. If you don’t see them in the next couple of days…they’re not recruiting you." / Twitter

• 4 months later...

https://247sports.com/Article/Basketball-recruiting-top-100-point-guard-Trey-Green-Nebraska-Virginia-Tech-and-more-182296520/

Looks like he still mentioned us at least. 

Was trying to find ANYTHING recruiting wise for this year. Know we signed the class so a lot will happen in March timeframe, but this is the extent of it.

Looks like we might still be sitting good with Parker Friedrichson, but after Matt A leaves (I'm assuming because that needs to happen) who knows what happens. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

An article in the OWH today about Chase Clemmons signing said he and Green were friends and he was going start his recruiting pitch for him.

I wonder if he wasn't just saying he was going to make a pitch to other recruits and that he knew Green, and the reporter connected the dots.

Green and Clemmons are both 2023 smallish PGs, and Green's rated higher. Not sure why Clemmons would want Green in the same class. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2022 at 10:08 AM, Chuck Taylor said:

I wonder if he wasn't just saying he was going to make a pitch to other recruits and that he knew Green, and the reporter connected the dots.

Green and Clemmons are both 2023 smallish PGs, and Green's rated higher. Not sure why Clemmons would want Green in the same class. 

"Trey, have you thought about playing on the East Coast?" ~Chase

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2023 PG Trey Green -> Xavier