Visits in June

40 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Sounds like the Trout kid & his Dad played a round of golf @ Firethorn with Fred this week & he is really high on where this program is headed. You know what they say Fred: ABC...!

Playing golf at Firethorn versus being asked to try on 17 different versions of a blue uniform? I can see why the Traudt family loved the official recruiting trip to Lincoln versus any other unofficial recruiting trips they may have taken recently.

I mean if the kid wanted to spend the day on a recruiting trip trying on outfits like he was shopping for back to school with mom in the 4th grade, I'm sure Grand Island has an Old Navy he could've visited instead. Could've saved the gas money and the 5-hour round trip drive.

Playing golf at Firethorn versus being asked to try on 17 different versions of a blue uniform? I can see why the Traudt family loved the official recruiting trip to Lincoln versus any other unofficial recruiting trips they may have taken recently.

I mean if the kid wanted to spend the day on a recruiting trip trying on outfits like he was shopping for back to school with mom in the 4th grade, I'm sure Grand Island has an Old Navy he could've visited instead. Could've saved the gas money and the 5-hour round trip drive.

No old Navy in GI. But Kearney has one.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Speaking for myself, I would much rather go to the Hilltop Mall in Kearney than the Hilltop Full Of D-Bags in Omaha.  But that's just me.

I think you're safe. I think the one in Omaha they changed the name and now they call it "The Plantation."

Just what I heard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Not quoting just to save extra noise but @Bill Self's Toupee makes an excellent point that I intended but didn't explicitly say above. Our loyal fan following makes us a more valuable destination for players. Even though we haven't had great success on the basketball floor, we have unbelievable fan support. Our fans are active on social media. They follow players on Twitter.

Blue bloods in the SEC might also have NIL programs going into effect, but who else has Husker nation?

Because Husker nation will lead to eyeballs on their Twitter accounts or other social media, and that translates DIRECTLY into pay for the players. Directly! See what Blake Lawrence said above.

More followers, more views, more money for those kids from advertising.

So, the BEST thing we can do for recruiting right now is to start following our players and our potential recruits on Twitter.

I wish I was kidding.

Follow our players and recruits. Make sure your bio says you are a Husker fan.