Coach “K” to Retire

5 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

You know you’re getting old when you’ve witnessed someone’s entire HOF coaching career unfold. Seems like just yesterday he was bringing in his first recruiting class that included Johnny Dawkins, Jay Bilas, Mark Alarie & Bill Jackman...

I don’t understand what these veteran coaches have to prove.  Retire, enjoy life and your money.  Maybe Boeheim will get the clue but will probably stay until his son has finished his eligibility.  

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

I don’t understand what these veteran coaches have to prove.  Retire, enjoy life and your money.  Maybe Boeheim will get the clue but will probably stay until his son has finished his eligibility.  

I would think it’s different for everyone just like any job. I’m sure some of them stay because they are really good at it and the love doing it, the teaching, the competing, the comradery, and most important for most coaches, the relationships.
 I’m sure some are still trying to prove something and some really like the money at that level. But to do it right takes a hell of a lot of work and it always comes with certain amount of shit. Maybe I’m naive, but I would think being willing to put up with all that and keep doing it most of them stay for the love of the game and all that comes with it.