Arkansas Regional

13 hours ago, brfrad said:

I don't think NC St has the pitching to hang with them.  I think Arkansas will outslug them.  

13 hours ago, throwback said:

No question Arky is the favorite there, but NC State is red hot. Arky's top of the order needs to be waaaay better than they were vs us. 

If Arky can get to the CWS, with all of the off days, Kopps might throw some every game. If so, they'll be a tougher out in Omaha than they probably were in regionals & will be in supers.

They are definitely lighter in the pitching depth department, but they can hit the ball (with some power) and are very aggressive on the bases.  They scored in bunches in their regional and as throwback said they are hot.  Completely turned their season around after a horrible start of something like 1-8 in conference play.  They have a much better lineup than Nebraska.  One good pitching performance against IMO a fairly pedestrian (average wise) Pig Stoopy lineup and they could be in pretty good shape.

2 hours ago, NUtball said:

They are definitely lighter in the pitching depth department, but they can hit the ball (with some power) and are very aggressive on the bases.  They scored in bunches in their regional and as throwback said they are hot.  Completely turned their season around after a horrible start of something like 1-8 in conference play.  They have a much better lineup than Nebraska.  One good pitching performance against IMO a fairly pedestrian (average wise) Pig Stoopy lineup and they could be in pretty good shape.

I was a little surprised we didn't try running more (or at all, for that matter), especially against Kopps, but he's quick to the plate. Opitz is so good back there, they're really tough to run on. Maybe NC State will have a better shot than we did, but I'd be surprised if they try it much.

22 hours ago, throwback said:

I was a little surprised we didn't try running more (or at all, for that matter), especially against Kopps, but he's quick to the plate. Opitz is so good back there, they're really tough to run on. Maybe NC State will have a better shot than we did, but I'd be surprised if they try it much.

Good point.  I was referring more to NCSU taking the extra base on gappers, bloopers and other throws from the outfield.  They turned a lot of those into a runner on second or third base against LaTech that most teams would not have attempted, although they were often very close plays.  Arkansas being a better defensive team might be able to stymie that aggressiveness.

51 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Good point.  I was referring more to NCSU taking the extra base on gappers, bloopers and other throws from the outfield.  They turned a lot of those into a runner on second or third base against LaTech that most teams would not have attempted, although they were often very close plays.  Arkansas being a better defensive team might be able to stymie that aggressiveness.

The Huskers found that out a few times.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:29 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

Three things coming from this game

#1 Arkansas is as a backward place as I thought... Soo E Pig

#2 Arkansas is slowing taking over Creighton as the team I wouldn’t pee on if they were on fire. 

AND

#3 If my boys and I were at the game tonight At least I could now tell you what the Fayetteville  jail looked like as I would be knocking out as many tooths out of a bunch of these “fans” as I could!🤫

A lot of them don't have any so you would have to be very selective in which of the redneck mafia you attacked.  

Look...if some Razorback fan come across this for any reason...

You had a great team. Your pitcher, Kopps, is a beast. We had a decent shot of our own versus the #1 team in the country but Kopps shuts us down and embarrassed us. Great on you. Better team won the series.

But your fans are garbage. Stay out of Omaha.

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Look...if some Razorback fan come across this for any reason...

You had a great team. Your pitcher, Kopps, is a beast. We had a decent shot of our own versus the #1 team in the country but Kopps shuts us down and embarrassed us. Great on you. Better team won the series.

But your fans are garbage. Stay out of Omaha.

Man are some killing DVH on the hogs message boards.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Here are the conference results through the Super Regionals.

Remaining teams:

• SEC (3):
    • Mississippi State: 12th appearance, Best finish: 2nd
    • Tennessee: 5th appearance, Best finish: 2nd
    • Vanderbilt: 5th appearance, Best finish: 1st (twice)
  • Pac-12 (2):
    • Arizona: 18th appearance, Best finish: 1st (four times)
    • Stanford: 17th appearance, Best finish: 1st (twice)
  • ACC (2):
    • NC State: 3rd appearance, Best finish: 3rd
    • Virginia: 6th appearance, Best finish: 1st (once)
  • Big 12 (1):
    • Texas: 37th appearance, Best finish: 1st (six times)

Rank Conference Teams Remaining Wins Losses Winning %
1 Pac-12 6 2 18 10 64%
2 Big 12 4 1 10 6 63%
3 SEC 9 3 28 17 62%
4 ACC 8 2 22 14 61%
5 Sun Belt 1 0 3 2 60%
6 Big West 2 0 5 4 56%
7 AAC 2 0 6 5 55%
8 C-USA 4 0 8 8 50%
9 MVC 2 0 5 5 50%
10 MAC 1 0 2 2 50%
11 Big Ten 3 0 5 6 45%