Arkansas Regional

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

NCAA rule says that a 3-1 team advances over a 2-1 team in a regional.....basically punishing the team that started 2-0 before losing. 

I would assume they would move heaven and earth to make sure that game got played somehow. I can't imagine a bigger goat screw than that. 

I want NU winning this sucker straight up if they can. Our men's teams need nice things. 

Here's what the Regionals snapshot looks like right now:

Austin: #1 Texas, advanced

Columbia: #1 Old Dominion vs. #3 Virginia, elimination game

Eugene: #1 Oregon vs. #3 LSU, elimination game

Fayetteville: #1 Arkansas vs. #2 Nebraska, elimination game

Fort Worth: TCU (host) eliminated; #2 Oregon State vs. #3 Dallas Baptist, elimination game

Gainesville: Florida (host) eliminated; Game 6 was postponed to Monday for #3 South Alabama vs. #4 South Florida (TBD Game 7)

Greenville: #1 East Carolina, advanced

Knoxville: #1 Tennessee, advanced

Lubbock: #1 Texas Tech, advanced

Nashville: #1 Vanderbilt, advanced

Oxford: #1 Ole Miss vs. #2 Southern Miss., elimination game

Ruston: Louisiana Tech (host) eliminated; #2 NC State, advanced

South Bend: #1 Notre Dame, advanced

Stanford: #1 Stanford vs. #2 UC Irvine, elimination game

Starkville: Game 6 was postponed to Monday for #1 Mississippi St. vs. #3 Campbell (TBD Game 7)

Tucson: #1 Arizona, advanced

1 minute ago, 49r said:

So, if we advance will the super regional be played at Ruston then?  Or would we stay in Fayetteville since it's the host site for the higher seed?

It could be any of the 16 pre-determined seeds.  Since NC is technically the "higher" seed, I could see it played in like Gainsville, Columbia (if ODU loses), Oxford, or Starkville.  Somewhere in the SE.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:
6 minutes ago, 49r said:

So, if we advance will the super regional be played at Ruston then?  Or would we stay in Fayetteville since it's the host site for the higher seed?

It could be any of the 16 pre-determined seeds.  Since NC is technically the "higher" seed, I could see it played in like Gainsville, Columbia (if ODU loses), Oxford, or Starkville.  Somewhere in the SE.

I saw in some press release during the 16-site Regional announcement:

"Selection of the eight super regional hosts will be announced on www.NCAA.com/cws, Tuesday, June 8 at approximately 8 a.m. (ET). All eight super regional hosts will be selected from the 16 regional hosts."

11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Across two games against Arkansas... Nebraska has given up...

9 hits

8 runs (2 on a passed ball tonight.. 14 walks and a wild pitch that scored one last night)

Our pitching has been awesome and we should have Cade ready to go.  If we can jump on Arkansas early tomorrow, we should be ok!

LET'S DO THIS!

As you've noted, Nebraska has served up most of pig sooey's runs to them on a silver platter in both games.  Nine hits in 2 games by supposedly the best team in the land is pathetic.  I'm not overly impressed with their batting order.  Yeah, they've got some pop in their bats, but up and down their lineup are primarily a bunch of .260 to .270 hitters.  Really nothing to be scared of.  If Nebraska had played fundamentally sound baseball, they probably would've won the game 10-1 instead of 5-3.

Need to get ahead early tonight, put all the pressure on them, throw strikes and see what happens.

My biggest fear is the the likelihood of "The Big Squeeze" being executed by the home plate chUmp against Nebraska.  We've seen it before and there will be 10,000+ screaming idiots giving him the business on every pitch.  GBR!!!!

2 hours ago, NUtball said:

As you've noted, Nebraska has served up most of pig sooey's runs to them on a silver platter in both games.  Nine hits in 2 games by supposedly the best team in the land is pathetic.  I'm not overly impressed with their batting order.  Yeah, they've got some pop in their bats, but up and down their lineup are primarily a bunch of .260 to .270 hitters.  Really nothing to be scared of.  If Nebraska had played fundamentally sound baseball, they probably would've won the game 10-1 instead of 5-3.

Need to get ahead early tonight, put all the pressure on them, throw strikes and see what happens.

My biggest fear is the the likelihood of "The Big Squeeze" being executed by the home plate chUmp against Nebraska.  We've seen it before and there will be 10,000+ screaming idiots giving him the business on every pitch.  GBR!!!!

I noted, I think earlier in this thread... that while they’ve hit like 100 homers, they’ve also struck out 528 times!  528!!!

I love reading this stuff after the fact, especially after a win, such a roller coaster of emotions. 

Other than they're seemingly general asshat-ery I am not a fan of Arkansas' crowd. Its like watching wrastlin'. All the signs and choreography, oh its beer hat time, oh Koops is coming it better turn on my cop cherry and put on my someone call the kopps shirt. But thats just me. I really get a kick out of how they all clap after they finish that dumb pig sooey chant like "we did it you guys. we did the chant and no one messed it up" No wonder Dana ran away from there as fast as he did.