Arkansas Regional

15 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The huskers aren't that far off Is from being a top tier team in my opinion

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

With the Huskers only non-conference games occurring this weekend, it had been kind of tough to know how NU stacked up. . . sigh.

Edited by AuroranHusker

6 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

With the Huskers only non-conference games occurring this weekend, it's been kind of tough to know how NU stacks up. . . sigh.

What are you talking about?  This is the number one ranked team in the country.

3 minutes ago, HB said:

What are you talking about?  This is the number one ranked team in the country.

I was referring to *prior to this weekend (with no non-conference occurring 'til now), it had been tough to know how NU stacked up. Sorry it wasn't clear enough. I edited my other commentary to reflect my intention.

Edited by AuroranHusker

With the Huskers only non-conference games occurring this weekend, it had been kind of tough to know how NU stacked up. . . sigh.

Well I would take tonight's game against Arkansas as a good measuring stick If it hadn't been for that fucking ump behind the plate who knows what would happen

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Well I would take tonight's game against Arkansas as a good measuring stick If it hadn't been for that fucking ump behind the plate who knows what would happen

Yeah, I thought NU held their end of the battle up fairly well, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Banjoff's strike out was horrible.  Pitches closer to crossing the plate were balls all night.  Our strike zone pitching was tight.  I still think we probably lose, but the 6th inning was the killer.  Up to that point we had only allowed 1 walk to come around to score.  So, walks didn't kill us prior to that point.  We can't give the # 1 team 10 walks, a HBP, and commit 2 errors and expect to win.

Need to put this behind us, and get a strong outing from Shay or Perry.  They need to give us some outs.  Our bats should be ready to face a #3 pitcher for NJIT.  It will come down to shutting down the other team.  

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I don't like Shay matching up with Arkansas.  He tends to be a little wild, and is more of a flyball pitcher.  Not a good recipe against Arkansas.  I would give the ball to Shay against NJIT.

I hope NU can get to that matchup against Arky again. I'd love to see Kyle Perry back on the bump in a big spot. Kid's a gamer.