Arkansas Regional

Hasn't been said, so I'll say it.

Started ugly. Not from being outmatched, but just making simple mistakes and compounding upon those mistakes. Northeastern came out hot. But, after getting some guys on base a few innings in a row, we strung some hits together to get back into this one. Offense started getting cold and we had to shift to our defense to close it out.

Both our offense and defense won this game. Could have easily been both our offense and defense losing this game for us. Way to pull out the win, move onto the next, and play to live another day. Well done!

5 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So why was Matthews allowed the keep batting when Batter interference was called on him?

I think they didn't call interference, and called Max out trying to steal which allowed Roskam's run to count.  That's what the play-by-play says.  

If I was Northeastern's coach, I would have blown a gasket.  That was textbook interference.  I give the batter lee way even, and I thought it was interference.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

I think they didn't call interference, and called Max out trying to steal which allowed Roskam's run to count.  That's what the play-by-play says.  

If I was Northeastern's coach, I would have blown a gasket.  That was textbook interference.  I give the batter lee way even, and I thought it was interference.

Ok, So what did the ump behind the plate call? If you watch him he is reacting to Matthews falling towards the plate.

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Ok, So what did the ump behind the plate call? If you watch him he is reacting to Matthews falling towards the plate.

I think he was overruled.  I, personally, would have played the game under protest.  Not that it probably mattered.  Another reason I would have blown a gasket, the home plate umpire signaled the batter was out.  I would assume the SS would have noticed it, and after making the tag, would not worry about the runner trying to score.  That was a terrible decision by the umps that actually benefited us.  

6 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I think he was overruled.  I, personally, would have played the game under protest.  Not that it probably mattered.  Another reason I would have blown a gasket, the home plate umpire signaled the batter was out.  I would assume the SS would have noticed it, and after making the tag, would not worry about the runner trying to score.  That was a terrible decision by the umps that actually benefited us.  

I can live with that. So does the crew chief over rule, or the 2nd base ump?

5 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I would assume Koty will be a started next season.

We have some talented arms.  It will depend on the draft.  If Cade gets drafted, and leaves.  I would assume the rotation would by Shay, Perry, and Koty/Olson/Gomes fighting for that last spot.   Bunz/Wynne/Gomes (if he doesn't win a starting spot) would be fighting for the closer spot.

If Cade stays, it would  probably be Cade, Shay, and Perry.

Hidden gem is Braxton Bragg.  He has really good stuff, but had a case of the yips this year, and couldn't throw strikes.  He gets that figured out, and he could be a key piece to our puzzle.

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

We have some talented arms.  It will depend on the draft.  If Cade gets drafted, and leaves.  I would assume the rotation would by Shay, Perry, and Koty/Olson/Gomes fighting for that last spot.   Bunz/Wynne/Gomes (if he doesn't win a starting spot) would be fighting for the closer spot.

If Cade stays, it would  probably be Cade, Shay, and Perry.

Hidden gem is Braxton Bragg.  He has really good stuff, but had a case of the yips this year, and couldn't throw strikes.  He gets that figured out, and he could be a key piece to our puzzle.

I was just thinking that Cade will be gone.