Banton's a Raptor

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Spent some time in Utah this past November. I don't have a death wish, so Angel's Landing isn't for me, but I'd do The Narrows again.

It's not too bad actually. Angel's landing that is. Heights and snakes are my 1a and 1b biggest fears. I was able to tackle it twice. The 1st time I had to be coaxed up by my hiking partner. There is one part that's probably 36in wide with a 12in path...if you look down it's about 1000ft drop straight down. I looked down. Then my hiking  partner had to sweet talk me past it. Took about 20 min to get me to attempt it again. And let me be clear this was an easy part with a chains and stuff. A 10 year old past me. I was letting f bombs fly. It was great 😂

IMG_5537.jpg

2 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

It's not too bad actually. Angel's landing that is. Heights and snakes are my 1a and 1b biggest fears. I was able to tackle it twice. The 1st time I had to be coaxed up by my hiking partner. There is one part that's probably 36in wide with a 12in path...if you look down it's about 1000ft drop straight down. I looked down. Then my hiking  partner had to sweet talk me past it. Took about 20 min to get me to attempt it again. And let me be clear this was an easy part with a chains and stuff. A 10 year old past me. I was letting f bombs fly. It was great 😂

IMG_5537.jpg

My photos of Zion are too old for this phone, but it’s probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Will spend more than two days next time. And I will agree angel’s landing is worth it. Packed a Pilsner for the top and it was the perfect refreshment.

11 hours ago, Vinny said:

My photos of Zion are too old for this phone, but it’s probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Will spend more than two days next time. And I will agree angel’s landing is worth it. Packed a Pilsner for the top and it was the perfect refreshment.

Grand Canyon was amazing. Bryce was otherworldly. But Zion blew me away.

When was the last time NU had TWO players in the NBA? Top of my head I’m guessing when Lue & Mikki Moore were both still active. Now that we’ve established a “Pipeline” (not like the ‘94 Football team) to the Pros the dividends can’t be overstated. It’s one thing to dangle that carrot, but it takes us to a WHOLE other level when Fred can deliver...

12 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

When was the last time NU had TWO players in the NBA? Top of my head I’m guessing when Lue & Mikki Moore were both still active. Now that we’ve established a “Pipeline” (not like the ‘94 Football team) to the Pros the dividends can’t be overstated. It’s one thing to dangle that carrot, but it takes us to a WHOLE other level when Fred can deliver...

Actually there were 4 at the same time.  In addition to Lue and Moore, Piatkowski and Strickland were also in the league.  

Crazy how good the talent was when Nee was here.  

4 hours ago, busticket said:

Actually there were 4 at the same time.  In addition to Lue and Moore, Piatkowski and Strickland were also in the league.  

If you’ve been in the players lounge, the NBA jerseys displayed are Lue’s Hawks jersey (not Lakers) & Pike’s Bulls jersey (not Clippers) it would’ve been cool to have Strickland’s Vancouver jersey instead of Dallas & Mikki has about what 10 to pick from, & I can’t recall if any of his are displayed.

7 hours ago, busticket said:

In the 90’s we had 8 former players see time in the NBA. Venson Hamilton also got drafted in ‘99 but never made it to the league.

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

In the 90’s we had 8 former players see time in the NBA. Venson Hamilton also got drafted in ‘99 but never made it to the league.

Maybe the most Nebrasketball thing ever...Big 12 player of the year, miss the dance, go to the NIT, then never play in the NBA after being drafted!

32 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Maybe the most Nebrasketball thing ever...Big 12 player of the year, miss the dance, go to the NIT, then never play in the NBA after being drafted!

We beat Oklahoma IN Norman, & they went to the Dance instead of us, & Eduardo Najara DID play in the NBA with Dallas I believe. That was another super good Nebraska team screwed by the Basketball Gods or East/West Coast bias....

On 8/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, basketballjones said:

Drake the best three point shooter in this photo?

931D6366-ADA6-49AF-935D-0A11EC5CBBF1.jpegI also happen to be a raps fan from way back in the bosh days, boy some years were rough. So when I saw this on Instagram, boy you can't say how excited I was. This is the pinnacle of fulfilling, all of drake, raptors and nebrasketball in one photo. Worlds colliding. So incredibly happy for the kid. And excited for scottie despite what experts say!

Shouldn't be disappointed in him in 5 years, it does seem ujiri and Co are moving towards the NBA trend now of lanky versatile 2 way players who are very unselfish and good scorers. I would've been real happy with Suggs though, ofc. Can't complain, it was a great night :)

Slightly OT I know, but the draft itself was fantastic the other night... So many exciting young franchises to watch this year, like Charlotte, okc... Detroit...

Edited by HolyBobpilgrimage

10 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Game 2 vs. Golden State, Banton gets a double-double.

10 pts, 12 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk

He’s been very active and impactful. 

As much as I would have loved to have him back it might be better for recruiting in the long haul that he went when he did, got drafted and is performing well.  Pretty good spiel to give recruits when you can say “we run an NBA system that will help you get drafted and benefit you when you go pro and look no further than Dalano Banton of the Toronto Raptors.”