Banton's a Raptor

46 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Congratulations to Banton. Has to be a nice feather for Coach Hoiberg and Coach Matt to take to future recruits…

Was just saying the same to a friend. This is gonna give proof and credance,  Add weight behind fred/Co's voices, if there wasn't already some there. The locker rooms already vibes really well, I can't wait to see it on the court. Recruits will come. Time to win. :)

7 hours ago, royalfan said:

New pitch.  You don't even have to be good enough to start here and you can go to the league.  

That struck me too.  Can't help but think about James Palmer who does great in the Big ten but goes undrafted.    I guess it's all about ceilings?  Not sure.

Very very happy for Banton going to home town.   

And like others have suggested this is good for Nebraska as it helps cement Hoiberg&staff rep as NBA developers. 

Congrats Delano!

Edited by REDitus

From Washut:

“Dalano came to Nebraska two years ago with a goal of wanting to reach the NBA and has worked hard to make that goal a reality,” Nebraska Coach Fred Hoiberg said in a press release.

“Everyone in our program is happy for Dalano because so few people are selected each year. It should also serve as motivation for our current team with the system we play that gives our players an opportunity to work in an NBA-style system."

1 hour ago, REDitus said:

That struck me too.  Can't help but think about James Palmer who does great in the Big ten but goes undrafted.    I guess it's all about ceilings?  Not sure.

Palmer is a 6'5" scoring guard with decent athleticism, so-so outside shooting, and fairly elite scoring mentality/ability.  That goes a long way in a 351 person NCAA where the guys get flipped every 4 years. So many less slots in the NBA. Boiled down to other SGs being available with his level of scoring ability who either were more skilled shooters or more athletic.  Palmer at some point still could become an NBA player but he's never going to be much more athletic.

Dalano Banton may or may evolve into an NBA player but his combination of court vision and height/length is elite and something you can't really develop. That's why an NBA team secures his rights out of college but does so in the 2nd round as opposed to the first.

6 hours ago, jayschool said:

I kept waiting for someone to send a bus to Flux, Utah (a real place) to help out the poor guy.

If you ever do find yourself in Flux, just remember that if you drive south for 3 hours you can find yourself in Beaver.

In the early 1990s there was a sign on a convenience store in Beaver, Utah that read:   "SNACKS  -  VIDEOS  -  TAXIDERMY".  I didn't take a chance on any of the snacks, just in case they were byproducts of the taxidermy.

8 hours ago, jayschool said:

I kept waiting for someone to send a bus to Flux, Utah (a real place) to help out the poor guy.

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If you ever do find yourself in Flux, just remember that if you drive south for 3 hours you can find yourself in Beaver.

In the early 1990s there was a sign on a convenience store in Beaver, Utah that read:   "SNACKS  -  VIDEOS  -  TAXIDERMY".  I didn't take a chance on any of the snacks, just in case they were byproducts of the taxidermy.

Y'all are spending time in the wrong parts of Utah.  Hit me up next time you're passing through.  I'll show you the non-crappy areas.  Also, I find it very bizarre how much Utah comes up as a point of conversation in these message boards.  Have we moved on from the land of kudzu to the land of of arches and slot canyons?

31 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Y'all are spending time in the wrong parts of Utah.  Hit me up next time you're passing through.  I'll show you the non-crappy areas.  Also, I find it very bizarre how much Utah comes up as a point of conversation in these message boards.  Have we moved on from the land of kudzu to the land of of arches and slot canyons?

Nobody will convince me Zion is not the most beautiful place on earth.

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I loved Bluff. Beautiful spot, great restaurant, awesome rafting, dry-ass hiking.

On edit: I really loved visiting Utah during my 23 years in Colorado. I found it to be a lot like what Colorado used to be before all the Texans and Oklahomans showed up.

Edited by jayschool

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Spent some time in Utah this past November. I don't have a death wish, so Angel's Landing isn't for me, but I'd do The Narrows again.