Banton's a Raptor

Good for him, but that hurts. I know, I know, we've got a lot of talent coming in, but it would be nice to start off a year with some returning experience. The Torvik predicto-meter drops from 58 to 77 with him gone.

https://barttorvik.com/rostercast.php?run=1&team=Nebraska&player=-Dalano%20Banton%3BNebraska 

9 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Good for him, but that hurts. I know, I know, we've got a lot of talent coming in, but it would be nice to start off a year with some returning experience. The Torvik predicto-meter drops from 58 to 77 with him gone.

https://barttorvik.com/rostercast.php?run=1&team=Nebraska&player=-Dalano%20Banton%3BNebraska 

Hate to say it, but it disappoints me a lot for him not to return. I want to be happy for him and I am. But I really wanted to see his veteran leadership back on this team. And I think with a good season, he could vault up the draft boards. But the old saying is "strike while the iron is hot" and the iron might not get much hotter for him than it is right now, so I cannot criticize this decision.

Still, one can only wonder how much he would have added to our roster for this coming season.

I will say that I do like the idea of putting Huskers in the NBA. Can't hurt recruiting.

As Banton received reactions from on-site people at the NBA process (from "This is a stretch," to "Hey, he's pretty good," to ""Wow, he has a chance"), it seemed like same song, second verse from when Roby went through that process--with the same stay-in decision.

Would have loved for him to come back . . . but moving another one into the League can't hurt Hoiberg & Co.

By the way, Washut is suggesting that a replacement is in the works--they've apparently seen this coming for a while. 

Edited by Swan88

30 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

As Banton received reactions from on-site people at the NBA process (from "This is a stretch," to "Hey, he's pretty good," to ""Wow, he has a chance"), it seemed like same song, second verse from when Roby went through that process--with the same stay-in decision.

Would have loved for him to come back . . . but moving another one into the League can't hurt Hoiberg & Co.

By the way, Washut is suggesting that a replacement is in the works--they've apparently seen this coming for a while. 

🏹🏹🏹  I assume Mack is back!!!  lol

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Happy the kid is getting a chance to live his dream, hope it comes true.

Gut is telling me he will spend more time in the G league than the NBA, but hey still not a bad way to make living during something you love.

I agree as hope things work out for him but he could have came back and still made very decent money with NIL.  The G league will always be there next year and couple potentially been a draft pick if had a good season.  Either way, wish him the best as big fan of him.

Edited by kldm64

• 2 weeks later...