If you could choose

While pondering how bad my Pirates are and wondering if they will ever win a World Series again, I got to thinking if I could pick one of my favorite teams at any level to win it all, which would I choose?  For me it would be a 50/50 call between the Bucs and Husker men's basketball. (probably choose Husker hoops as they have never won it with Husker baseball winning the CWS third choice) With most of you big Husker hoops fans but also Husker football, baseball, NFL, NBA and for some odd reason soccer fans, what favorite team would you pick? 

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Hands down it's Husker hoops for me.  Absolutely no doubt about it.

Can you imagine what a national darling Husker hoops would be if we made an unexpected deep run in the NCAA tourney? We’d be the number 1 story in sports nationally for weeks. Nothing else could touch it. Football winning a title wouldn’t even come close.

1. Husker hoops.  I've attended more Nebrasketball games (and losses) than probably all of my other teams combined.  The amount of emotional anguish that I've been through with Husker hoops would make it the sweetest championship of all.

2. Notre Dame football.  My first love.  Those shiney gold helmets sucked me into the world of sports fandom at the tender age of 5, and I've been a glutton for punishment ever since.  Sadly, ND's last title was in my lifetime, but a few years before I became a fan. 

3. United States men's soccer.  Winning a World Cup would mean beating the world at their own game.  I can't imagine how amazing that would be to witness.

4. Husker baseball.  Growing up in Omaha attending the CWS every year + cutting afternoon classes to catch Husker home openers in college = pure nostalgia.  I don't watch nearly as much Husker baseball since moving out of state, but a CWS run would still be a thing of dreams for me.

5. Sporting KC.  This one is specific -- I want to see Sporting win CONCACAF Champions League in my lifetime.  The boys have won every other trophy available, but winning at the continental level and beating the best Mexican teams would be awesome.  It's only rated this low because Champions Leagues can be really weird and unbalanced competitions, and starters often don't even play in the early rounds.  

----- large gap -----

6. Phillies baseball.  I've already celebrated a Phillies' World Series, so this is way down the priority list.

7. Utah Jazz.  I'm trying to care abut my local NBA team.  I just am not a big NBA guy though.

42 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

1. Husker hoops.  I've attended more Nebrasketball games (and losses) than probably all of my other teams combined.  The amount of emotional anguish that I've been through with Husker hoops would make it the sweetest championship of all.

2. Notre Dame football.  My first love.  Those shiney gold helmets sucked me into the world of sports fandom at the tender age of 5, and I've been a glutton for punishment ever since.  Sadly, ND's last title was in my lifetime, but a few years before I became a fan. 

3. United States men's soccer.  Winning a World Cup would mean beating the world at their own game.  I can't imagine how amazing that would be to witness.

4. Husker baseball.  Growing up in Omaha attending the CWS every year + cutting afternoon classes to catch Husker home openers in college = pure nostalgia.  I don't watch nearly as much Husker baseball since moving out of state, but a CWS run would still be a thing of dreams for me.

5. Sporting KC.  This one is specific -- I want to see Sporting win CONCACAF Champions League in my lifetime.  The boys have won every other trophy available, but winning at the continental level and beating the best Mexican teams would be awesome.  It's only rated this low because Champions Leagues can be really weird and unbalanced competitions, and starters often don't even play in the early rounds.  

----- large gap -----

6. Phillies baseball.  I've already celebrated a Phillies' World Series, so this is way down the priority list.

7. Utah Jazz.  I'm trying to care abut my local NBA team.  I just am not a big NBA guy though.

I just want to see an MLS club win one once.  It’s such a weird competition with the league schedules being different.  But with the domestic league growing the next big step to legitimacy would be winning the CONCACAF champions league.