June 4-6

This is shaping up to be a historic recruiting weekend for Nebrasketball....

So far we have the following visits happening:(hopefully I'm not missing anyone)

Isaac Traudt  4 star  Ranked #67 Nationally in the 2022 class by Rivals (Official Visit)

Simeon Wilcher 5 Star  Ranked #8 Nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals  (Unofficial Visit)

Omaha Biliew  5 Star  Ranked #6 Nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals  (Unofficial Visit)

Chance Westry 4 star  Ranked #24 Nationally in the class of 2022 by Rivals  (Official Visit)

Not to mention all the other visitors in June....

How impressive is this for a coach coming off of back to back 7 win seasons??  Pretty damn excited for the future of Nebrasketball under Coach Hoiberg!!

Edited by ConkintheCorner

When we got a visit under Tim Miles from that 5 Star Center from Chicago, Okafor, I felt like that was just as a courtesy to Chin Coleman due to the Chicago Simeon connection and Mac Irvin fire, and also because he wanted to check out our new facilities.

This feels like they’re visiting because they actually have legitimate interest. Now whether that turns into a commitment or not is yet to be seen. But Okafor was never seriously considering us; these players apparently are.

9 hours ago, busticket said:

Okafor told Miles “coach, you know I’m not coming here” on the visit.  They were totally doing Miles and Chin a favor as you said.

I agree 100’%.  These kids are kicking the tires.  Pretty amazing.

I've always said the key is getting your foot in the door with a visit. If you can just get these kids to come for a *visit*, the opportunity of actually seeing what we have to offer and the ability for these kids to visualize themselves practicing at Hendricks (a great gin, BTW) and playing at PBA give us a legit chance to land a commit. If you can just get them to come for a visit.

Nobody is going to be UN-impressed by what they see here. You're not going to lose anyone by what you show them on the visit.

And, don't look now, but we're getting a lot of *real* visits.

Isaac Traudt  4 star  Ranked #67 Nationally in the 2022 class by Rivals (Official Visit)

Simeon Wilcher 5 Star  Ranked #8 Nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals  (Unofficial Visit)

Omaha Biliew  5 Star  Ranked #6 Nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals  (Unofficial Visit)

Chance Westry 4 star  Ranked #24 Nationally in the class of 2022 by Rivals  (Official Visit)

PF Jasen Green    3 star  (Official Visit)  June 11-13

PF Gus Yalden     4 Star  Ranked #21 Nationally in the 2023 class by Rivals  (Unofficial Visit) June 11

PF Malik Dia         3 Star  (Official Visit)   June 14-16

PG Ramel Lloyd Jr.    3 Star  Ranked #126 Nationally in the 2022 class by Rivals (Official Visit)  June 18-20

PG Avery Brown      3 Star    Ranked #130 Nationally in the 2022 class by Rivals  (Official Visit)  June 21-23

SG Joseph Hunter    4 star  Ranked #72 Nationally in the 2022 class by Rivals     (Official Visit)  June 25-27

SF Braeden Moore   3 Star  (Official Visit)  June 25-27

I know won't get them all but just looking at this list almost makes me weep. 

11 individuals (with right mix) that could turn this program into a beast.

I'm guessing we go either 0-for-3 or 2-for-3. 

If we start to have some success on the court, then I think we land both Wilcher and Traudt.  If the team struggles in Year 3 and 4 under Hoiberg, then the positive vibes on the team will diminish and it will be hard for CJ to really feel good about asking Little Brother to join him in Lincoln.  And with Traudt, it seems that he has had an interest in playing for Hoiberg but wants to see some proof of a turnaround before jumping on board.  Need some objective improvement this season to land him IMO.

So yeah, either 0 or 2.  I agree Omaha is a longshot.

Edited by aphilso1

5 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Just from what I've read on here sounds like theres a better than good chance they could get Wilcher, unsure about Traudt, Omaha maybe but that's 1 hell of an offer list to beat. Thinking 1/3 here.

Thoughts?

Don't believe everything you read as kids make it sound like that is their top school after every visit.  I think we do have a shot at Wilcher which would be an amazing get and if we can get him to commit early enough, it might attract some of the other top talent to join him.