Holy crap, Fred Hoiberg's kids can really swing the sticks.

Congratulations to Pius X Boys' Golf for the Class A-3 District Golf Championship at Holmes Golf Course.

Charlie Hoiberg shot a 4-under 68 to place 1st. Jason Kolbas shot a 3-under 69 to tie for 2nd. Kody Sander carded a 2-under 70 to tie for4th. And Sam Hoiberg finished way back in 6th place at 1 over. School record score of 280.

That's some damn good high school golf, fellas.

For a high school team in this state? That's unreal.

10 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm reluctant to comment on this before we decide whether or not this should even be an Olympic sport... :lol:

No, regular golf is already an Olympic sport. The question is whether to add Frisbie golf and sand greens golf to the Olympics. And 3-on-3 golf.

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

No, regular golf is already an Olympic sport. The question is whether to add Frisbie golf and sand greens golf to the Olympics. And 3-on-3 golf.

As an avid disc golfer, I am honored that you would consider my recreational pastime for Olympic consideration. 

Also, fun little disc golf factoid -- my current home course is actually hosting the 2021 Professional Disc Golf World Championships next month.  Pretty cool.  That's sort of like having your country club selected as the US Open host.  And bizarrely enough, The Disc Store in Omaha got the contract as the exclusive vendor for the tournament.  So the place I used to buy my discs at my old home is one of the key sponsors for the World Championships being played at my new home 900 miles away.  What are the odds?

28 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

As an avid disc golfer, I am honored that you would consider my recreational pastime for Olympic consideration. 

Also, fun little disc golf factoid -- my current home course is actually hosting the 2021 Professional Disc Golf World Championships next month.  Pretty cool.  That's sort of like having your country club selected as the US Open host.  And bizarrely enough, The Disc Store in Omaha got the contract as the exclusive vendor for the tournament.  So the place I used to buy my discs at my old home is one of the key sponsors for the World Championships being played at my new home 900 miles away.  What are the odds?

I'm putting it at 100%.