MLS and Sporting KC - Official Thread

I’m fully prepped for an inevitable day of heart strain tomorrow.  If we do better than this in any way, I’ll be happy.

USMNT lose 2-1 on a stoppage time goal.

Football loses on a last second FG

Basketball loses by 15

Volleyball is swept by Wisco.

I know it’s gunna happen because that’s what always happens to me.

25 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

50 minutes in and England doesn't look better than us. I'd even argue that if Kane swapped jerseys at halftime, that we'd be favored in the second half.  The boys are playing well!

England doesn't have as much incentive as we do to change the score from 0-0. I'd imagine a very different strategy if this were in the knockout rounds.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Going in— I thought beat Iran, result against Wales and result against England if possible.  We do that and we’re in.  Can’t go back to Wales, but we can go 2-0 or 3-0 against Iran.  We can’t score 1 and let up.

Win and we're in. There's comfort in knowing the result we need. And to be fair if before any games were played I was given the scenario we advance to the next round if we beat Iran I'd take that every day and twice on Tuesdays 😉

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

England doesn't have as much incentive as we do to change the score from 0-0. I'd imagine a very different strategy if this were in the knockout rounds.

I take it you’ve never seen Southgate manage before then. He doesn’t have a different strategy. And like Greg, he doesn’t believe on playing all his best players at one time either. English players outclass their manger but so do ours. 

If you can play Reyna 7 minutes then he’s fit enough to play half an hour. And he says he’s 100%. Really strange situation going on there. Lots of contradictions. He has to get real time vs Iran. 

England quickly picked up on Zimmerman’s lack of technical ability. They laid off Ream but started pressing Zimmerman second half. You have to have the players with the technical ability if you want to play out from the back. Ream’s fine but the other US center with ball skills got left at home. Adams did a nice job of checking to the ball to help him out but he still gave away too many dangerous balls in our third. 

Adams was a baller but Turner for me was man of the match. After just part of a season with Arsenal and he’s dribbling out of his box. 😂 His distribution has improved drastically. 

This performance just makes bottling the Wales game even more painful. It’s must be the Husker fan in me that makes me fear for the worst against Iran. The Wales game proved being the better team is no guarantee of the result. And the tie means we go home. I fear for the worst and hope for the best. 

Edited by Dean Smith