MLS and Sporting KC - Official Thread

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Thoughts on this if Weston is hurt.

Weah or Sargent or Ferreira 

Pulisic              Aaronson            Reyna

Adams                     Musah

Robinson       Ream            Zim          Dest

Turner

I don't think we can play Musah that deep, as he is neither possession-minded on offense nor a consistent defender.  LDLT (also returning from injury) or Acosta (ugh) make more sense next to Adams, or heck, even utilizing that RB depth by putting Shaq or Yedlin in that spot temporarily.  I'd also swap Aaronson and Pulisic, as Christian is a  more natural #10 and Aaronson is such a pest on the wings both going forward and tracking back.  But...probably a moot point, as I don't think GB will abandon his preferred 4-3-3 now that the lights are shining brightest.  Dance with the one that brought you at this point.

47 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I don't think we can play Musah that deep, as he is neither possession-minded on offense nor a consistent defender.  LDLT (also returning from injury) or Acosta (ugh) make more sense next to Adams, or heck, even utilizing that RB depth by putting Shaq or Yedlin in that spot temporarily.  I'd also swap Aaronson and Pulisic, as Christian is a  more natural #10 and Aaronson is such a pest on the wings both going forward and tracking back.  But...probably a moot point, as I don't think GB will abandon his preferred 4-3-3 now that the lights are shining brightest.  Dance with the one that brought you at this point.

I hear ya on the 4-3-3.  You’ll also probably never see Weah up top.

On 11/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, hskr4life said:

I hear ya on the 4-3-3.  You’ll also probably never see Weah up top.

This isn’t club where you go get players to fit your system. National teams need to find a system where you can get you best players on the field. That includes Musa. You have to find a way to get him on the field with Weston. Aaronson, Reyna, Pulisic, Adams, and probably Weah. Won’t happen though. 

Our manager is almost as stubborn as Southgate. I don’t think either has ever put their nations best team on the field. We’ve had injuries in the front half but Brooks sitting at home and Long on the roster is almost criminal. He wants to play out of the back and then loads the roster with center backs that have no technical ability.  Jordan shouldn’t be anywhere near this team either. Anyone of the young 9’s would be a serious up grade and a needed plan B. 

17 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

This isn’t club where you go get players to fit your system. National teams need to find a system where you can get you best players on the field. That includes Musa. You have to find a way to get him on the field with Weston. Aaronson, Reyna, Pulisic, Adams, and probably Weah. Won’t happen though. 

Our manager is almost as stubborn as Southgate. I don’t think either has ever put their nations best team on the field. We’ve had injuries in the front half but Brooks sitting at home and Long on the roster is almost criminal. He wants to play out of the back and then loads the roster with center backs that have no technical ability.  Jordan shouldn’t be anywhere near this team either. Anyone of the young 9’s would be a serious up grade and a needed plan B. 

Completely agree on this.  We'll never see the true best 11 players on the field at once I have a feeling.  The Brooks writing was on the wall-- though it shouldn't have been.

Starters just announced.  Assuming everyone lines up as expected:

Sargent

Pulisic                                                     Weah

Musah

Weston

Adams               

Jedi                                                      Dest

Ream           Zimm

Turner   

Edited by aphilso1

14 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Jinx, it appears we were on identical wave lengths.  You just hit enter 10 seconds quicker!

I don't mind Ream.  Definitely a welcome sight as I thought we’d see Long.

Is it 3 subs and a concussion sub?  

Very important to get a result today.  England will be tough, but Iran could be packing it up by our game.

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don't mind Ream.  Definitely a welcome sight as I thought we’d see Long.

Is it 3 subs and a concussion sub?  

Very important to get a result today.  England will be tough, but Iran could be packing it up by our game.

Five subs, but only during three substitution windows (meaning you have to bring on multiple subs simultaneously if you want to use all five). Depth is now a much more important part of the game.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don’t feel like we drew.  I’m down man.  That was rough to let 2 big points slip away.

Got to have a Draw and Win right in the next 2?

I'm right there with you. I think we end up   1 - 1 - 1 with Wales. So we better lose to England less than they do and beat Iran more than they do. I think thats our path out of group play now.