MLS and Sporting KC - Official Thread

10 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

6-1 final.  The owls play for the championship next Saturday at 4.  I’m bummed I can’t go but will be a great time!!!

It looks like they're going to be playing Greenville, who was handed the title last season even though Union Omaha and Greenville were supposed to play the championship game but was cancelled due to COVID.

There's much more on the line than a title game. It's redemption for losing out on an opportunity last season.

59 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It looks like they're going to be playing Greenville, who was handed the title last season even though Union Omaha and Greenville were supposed to play the championship game but was cancelled due to COVID.

There's much more on the line than a title game. It's redemption for losing out on an opportunity last season.

And the belt we play for!!!  (Kind of our  trophy game) 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, HuskerFever said:

I could be wrong but I believe the title went to Greenville because it was Union Omaha that had the COVID issues leading to the cancellation. I was at the semifinal game and afterwards my wife asked, "We're they supposed to win by that much?" I said - No, No one is supposed to win by that much once you get past U-10.

7 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I could be wrong but I believe the title went to Greenville because it was Union Omaha that had the COVID issues leading to the cancellation. I was at the semifinal game and afterwards my wife asked, "We're they supposed to win by that much?" I said - No, No one is supposed to win by that much once you get past U-10.

USL cancelled the final games for both USL Championship and USL One.

Mind you, those were weird times back then and quick decisions, with little information, had to be made.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Disappointing draw really

I didn’t watch the match, but any road draw in concacaf is a good draw as long as you take care of business at home (which we have done thus far). 

Edited by aphilso1

As I've said before, I live in RSL country which makes this one sting for me even more. 

I live on a trailhead so decided to take a quick mountain bike ride to blow off steam after the game.  Still wearing my SKC jersey on the ride.  And I get heckled by a buddy who happens to be be out and about too.

"So how did that game feel?!?! hahaha"

"felt a lot like having our season ended by a bunch of talentless hacks, if I'm being honest."

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

It was all part of the negotiated agreement for KC to get their NWSL team back.

KC gets the team and a new stadium in exchange for losing in the playoffs to RSL.

Well that's a crummy deal for me.  I miss out on the chance to take my daughter to NWSL games, and get heckled by the locals for SKC's three losses this year to RSL.  I hereby veto that agreement.  The match must be replayed 🙃

Edited by aphilso1