MLS and Sporting KC - Official Thread

On 6/24/2021 at 8:35 AM, aphilso1 said:

I missed it but caught the highlights.  Nice to see that the two guys I had the lowest expectations for coming into the season (Salloi and Hernandez) were the match heroes.  And really both guys have been exceeding expectations all season.

On a somewhat related note, I really hate how large the ESPN+ blackout map is.  I don't live anywhere close to Denver but I get all Rapids matches blacked out as 'local' in addition to the more logical blackout of RSL matches.  I guess there must be some cable station around here that shows Rapids matches and thus the blackout.  RSL doesn't bother me as much because I can attend when SKC travels to SLC and can easily catch the one in KC at a brew pub.  But no one puts Rapids matches on TV around here, and yet they are blacked out as a local team.  So basically I just never get to see a match when SKC plays against Colorado.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

Just curious, since Nebraska doesn’t have a Men’s Soccer team do you root for Creighton...?

12 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Just curious, since Nebraska doesn’t have a Men’s Soccer team do you root for Creighton...?

Never in any sport ever.  I don't follow college soccer, but even if I did I wouldn't cheer for Creighton.  I actually had a buddy that played keeper for them.  He was really good (conference defensive POTY, third-team All-American, drafted by the LA Galaxy during the David Beckham years, and played professionally in Europe) and I still didn't cheer for the Bluejays!

Been a while since I've been on this thread. I am also a SKC fan, so its cool to see these two mix. I'll be at the September 11th game against Chicago and my first mls experience. Excited to see the team in-person..

You’re gonna have a blast! Children’s Mercy Park is one of the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never in any sport ever.  I don't follow college soccer, but even if I did I wouldn't cheer for Creighton.  I actually had a buddy that played keeper for them.  He was really good (conference defensive POTY, third-team All-American, drafted by the LA Galaxy during the David Beckham years, and played professionally in Europe) and I still didn't cheer for the Bluejays!

Also college soccer is horrible with the clock counting down and unlimited subs. Unwatchable for me

11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Big one for the USA on Sunday night.  USA and Mexico is always a good one!

I’m hoping we run this lineup out.

gk: turner

DF: Moore-Robinson-Sands-Vines

Midfield: Williamson-Acosta-roldan

FW: Giochiani-zardes-hoppe

I think this is the lineup that truly gives us the creativity and scoring ability to beat Mexico.  

8 hours ago, 49r said:

God I hate Dallas.

I mean it’s an okay movie coming from the 1950’s.  Steve Cochran, Ruth Roman and Gary Cooper were all pretty big names at the time.  I agree it’s no gone with the wind or Oklahoma though, so your evaluation is fairly accurate.

495632CB-A102-44DC-BD14-E4BE41B77F0B.jpeg

Kind of slightly veering OT... but mostly on topic...

Does anyone think KC hurt/helped their chances for hosting some WC games with this Gold Cup?

Thoughts?

I don’t think either. KC has a pretty steep hill to climb to get chosen as a host site from an infrastructure perspective so I don’t think our attendance for these gold cup stage games will move the needle much.

14 minutes ago, 49r said:

I don’t think either. KC has a pretty steep hill to climb to get chosen as a host site from an infrastructure perspective so I don’t think our attendance for these gold cup stage games will move the needle much.

With our ability to seat as many as we can in Arrowhead, I think we're in a good position there.  I've seen some comments about the disappointing turnout which is why I asked.