There needs to be a new topic

Begins and ends with shooting. These are teams designed to find and take shots quickly before the defense is set else to work for a high efficiency shot and take it.  Saw several graphics last year that amounted to 'an average team taking these types of shots would have won this game'. 

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Begins and ends with shooting. These are teams designed to find and take shots quickly before the defense is set else to work for a high efficiency shot and take it.  Saw several graphics last year that amounted to 'an average team taking these types of shots would have won this game'. 

Yep. Nebraska will need to score more with the better shot chart NU has had under Hoiberg. Freddy knows how to get his team the right type of looks, time to 'cash in' ! GBR

On 5/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, Dead Dog Alley said:

Actually it was Johnny Orr who said it while dissing the Nebraska crowd.   The Dead Dog Alley marketing campaign might have been Nee's idea, but when Danny explained it, it really didn't make a lot of sense.  (Why should we embrace an insult someone else hurled at us?)  The t-shirt came with the student ticket and it was just for one year - 1990 - the year Beau Reid was injured and they stunk it up, going 10-18.  The next year when they went 26-8 the whole Dead Dog Alley thing was completely forgotten.

I thought at the time it was one of the dumbest marketing campaigns I'd ever heard of, and I still do.  The t-shirt wasn't bad though.

I had my Dead Dog Alley shirt up until just a few years ago. Lee Barfnect use to refer to the Sports Center as “the Library”....