OT MLB

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

So.... who's still a Pirates fan?

The run doesn't count even if the runner crosses the plate and you aren't safe at first. Just tag the bag.

I'm still a fan because I'm use to plays like that.  The first baseman that made the play won a gold glove in the minors last year. Two runs scored that inning that shouldn't have. Later they won a review in which the Cub hitter had to return to bat after the ump said he was hit by the pitch. What does he do? Hits a homerun of course. So those are three runs of a 5-3 loss. I told myself I'm not going to get mad this year because they are starting over, but man games like that are tough to watch, especially when it's against the Cubs.

well, yeah, that's a weak line up. Tom was playing for the A's as a rule 5 (I think) early in the season so I'm glad you got him and he'll be a solid player until the Pirates start getting some young talent in. 

But it's not like they're alone down there in OPS hell, either. 

Tough to be a fan of a small/cheapskate market team, I know. I'm an A's fan, and we've suffered terribly since the Haas' sold the franchise. But at least we changed the game to learn how to win cheap. 

1 hour ago, tcp said:

well, yeah, that's a weak line up. Tom was playing for the A's as a rule 5 (I think) early in the season so I'm glad you got him and he'll be a solid player until the Pirates start getting some young talent in. 

But it's not like they're alone down there in OPS hell, either. 

Tough to be a fan of a small/cheapskate market team, I know. I'm an A's fan, and we've suffered terribly since the Haas' sold the franchise. But at least we changed the game to learn how to win cheap. 

Yeah, I always wonder what the Pirates are doing with the revenue sharing money small market teams are suppose to get.

6 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Yeah, I always wonder what the Pirates are doing with the revenue sharing money small market teams are suppose to get.

The pool's a lot lower now with the 2016 CBA, so I'm guessing owners are pocketing it. that's what Fisher's doing with the A's. He's just treating the remains of the old deal as a tip jar. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

@Navin R. Johnson rough season... Even the Pirates' homeruns don't even count.

I can understand missing the bag as he was not sure if it was a homerun. Just wish once the ump signaled hr he would have went back and touched first.  Hayes has a chance to be a good one, as soon as he learns to touch all the bases!  Any guesses on what the Pirates can screw up next?