OT MLB

Since this is a slow time for the board I thought I would post this batting order and ask if anyone has seen a lighter hitting lineup? I'm a big Pirates fan and they did blow it all up this winter and started over, building with minor leaguers and their top two bats are out but you are not going to win many with this group. Worse part is they are playing the Cubs!

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

So this “kooky” baseball players while they’re literally disrespecting the anthem, but football and basketball players need to “shut up and dribble” and “keep politics out of sports” when they actually have a reason to use their voice and platform.  Okay. 

I’m all over the down votes lately!

On 5/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, Navin R. Johnson said:

Since this is a slow time for the board I thought I would post this batting order and ask if anyone has seen a lighter hitting lineup? I'm a big Pirates fan and they did blow it all up this winter and started over, building with minor leaguers and their top two bats are out but you are not going to win many with this group. Worse part is they are playing the Cubs!

I can tell you as an Indians fan, Tom and EGon couldn't make our lineup, and our lineup is pretty soft in it's own right. You also picked up another Indians reject in Ben Gamel, who put up some HORRID ab's for us this spring. 

8 hours ago, Vinny said:

I’m all over the down votes lately!

I don't think the down votes are for your particular stance on the issue per se, but rather introducing a politically charged take to the discussion.  Some of us are pretty adamant about leaving politics at the door when coming in to HHC, that's all.

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I can tell you as an Indians fan, Tom and EGon couldn't make our lineup, and our lineup is pretty soft in it's own right. You also picked up another Indians reject in Ben Gamel, who put up some HORRID ab's for us this spring. 

Camel will fit right in with his numbers, but he is an outfielder and for a time last year the Bucs had only two true outfielders on their 25 man roster!  Tom and EGon have both been in the 3 spot in the order this year!

5 hours ago, 49r said:

I don't think the down votes are for your particular stance on the issue per se, but rather introducing a politically charged take to the discussion.  Some of us are pretty adamant about leaving politics at the door when coming in to HHC, that's all.

Hey, I've gone through phases where it seemed like people were handing them out to me like candy. Like circa 5 years ago on the women's board when I questioned the wisdom of firing Connie Yori.  Too soon?

7 hours ago, 49r said:

Some of us are adamant about leaving baseball posts off the main basketball board, but here we are.

I guess he should have just put "OT" in front of his post and it would have been all good.