Jump to content

OT - Bryce McGowans (& Hunter Sallis) play in Iverson Classic (Sat 5/8/21)


Recommended Posts

  • Red Don changed the title to OT - Bryce McGowans (& Hunter Sallis) play in Iverson Classic (Sat 5/8/21)
13 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Here is a Facebook post:

 

Bryce Mcgowens came in 2nd place @ The Allen Iverson 3 point shoot out

 

Bryce shooting at 2:48:30, 3:16. Following in the footsteps of Ryan Anderson, who once finished 2nd to Kevin Durant in a 3pt shooting competition.

 

Also good lord Chet Holgrem is 7 foot of arms and legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Ryan Anderson, who once finished 2nd to Kevin Durant in a 3pt shooting competition

Cool!  Didn't know Ryan competed in an Iverson-level group of players on this.

Ryan fluctuated around .400 from the three point line throughout his college career--shot .429 his senior year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 8:36 AM, kldm64 said:

 

You do realize Hunter is going to Gonzaga and will be in the sweet 16 next season already.

You're assuming Gonzaga is going to be just as good moving forward? Last year is over, new players, rosters etc. Ask Butler or Texas Tech how hard it is to sustain excellence. We're trending upward, and how this season unfolds is anybody's guess... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

You're assuming Gonzaga is going to be just as good moving forward? Last year is over, new players, rosters etc. Ask Butler or Texas Tech how hard it is to sustain excellence. We're trending upward, and how this season unfolds is anybody's guess... 

Drew Timme will be the preseason national player of the year. Chet Holmgren will be the preseason national freshman of the year. Andrew Nembhard would've been a late first or early second round pick had he entered the draft this year. They'll still have 4-6 NBA guys on next year's roster. Mark Few has made it to the Sweet 16 in the last 6 tournaments in a row, many times with a less talented roster. Completely different situation than Butler and Texas Tech.  Of course anything can happen in March, but there's no doubt they'll be a Sweet 16 caliber team again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Drew Timme will be the preseason national player of the year. Chet Holmgren will be the preseason national freshman of the year. Andrew Nembhard would've been a late first or early second round pick had he entered the draft this year. They'll still have 4-6 NBA guys on next year's roster. Mark Few has made it to the Sweet 16 in the last 6 tournaments in a row, many times with a less talented roster. Completely different situation than Butler and Texas Tech.  Of course anything can happen in March, but there's no doubt they'll be a Sweet 16 caliber team again. 

Wow!  That’s a lot of Gonzaga detail from a Husker fan—are we saying Zagsker?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt that Gonzaga will be a top seed in next year’s tournament—none whatsoever: they are a great team, with lots of great players, and play in a pretend conference.  They would have to under-perform by dramatic proportions for any other result.

But everyone still has to play the games—and Gonzaga nearly got bounced by a play-in team this tournament and got crushed by Baylor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Drew Timme will be the preseason national player of the year. Chet Holmgren will be the preseason national freshman of the year. Andrew Nembhard would've been a late first or early second round pick had he entered the draft this year. They'll still have 4-6 NBA guys on next year's roster. Mark Few has made it to the Sweet 16 in the last 6 tournaments in a row, many times with a less talented roster. Completely different situation than Butler and Texas Tech.  Of course anything can happen in March, but there's no doubt they'll be a Sweet 16 caliber team again. 

I'd bet all my DOGE coin that they're in the Sweet 16

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Is it time to say that Mark Few is unable to win "The Big Game" yet?  I seem to remember Roy Williams and Tom Osborne wearing that label for awhile.

 

He has found solace in Sallis 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...