Quaran McPherson is N

Nebraska lands the verbal commit of Quaran McPherson, 6'4" combo guard from Queens, NY. McPherson had recently played a year of post-grad prep at Missouri based prep powerhouse Link Year. Prior to that, McPherson played for prep school Woodstock Academy in Connecticut.  Originally starting out at The Patrick school and Christ the King, the well travelled McPherson tore his ACL and meniscus, causing him to lose a year.

McPherson had been on Matt Abdelmassih's radar for years, first being offered by St. Johns back in 2016.  More recently McPherson popped onto Nebraska's and other Power 5 schools with a showing at the Pangos All-American camp in late 2020. 

This puts Nebraska with one more scholarship to use for 2021-22 and fills all for 2022-23. 

View full article

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Walk-on?

No scholarship guy I believe. He was being pursued by us, UConn, and auburn the hardest apparently. 

Very interesting commitment. Has size and looks like a bit of explosion. Under the radar. I like the guard rotation as it currently stands, so I wonder why they took him. Elijah wood 2.0?

1 minute ago, JBARGIE said:

I assuming he redshirts with Oleg?  That would give them their "2 sit-outs" that they like to have every year.

Most importantly Quaran is childhood friends with CJ and Simeon Wilcher.  He really is Elijah Woods 2.0.

Hoiberg is truly an innovator in the recruiting game.