Keon Edwards is N

HOLY MOLY, SUFFERING SASSAFRAS!!!!!!     :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/husker-hoops-land-depaul-transfer-wing-keon-edwards

Edwards, a 6-7 wing, was offered by the Huskers shortly after head coach Fred Hoiberg and staff took over in 2019. He held a Zoom meeting with NU’s coaches last Friday, and the second round of his recruitment quickly escalated from there.

Edwards chose Nebraska over other offers from Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida State, Arizona State, Alabama, and Auburn. 

He only played sparingly in five games this past season for the Blue Demons and transferred after head coach Dave Leitao was fired.  Because of the free year of eligibility players received from the NCAA last season, Edwards will now arrive in Lincoln as a true freshman but significantly more prepared for the next level.

he averaged 14.3 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 1.9 blocks in 18 games as a junior at Hillcrest in 2019-20. He was twice selected to participate in the 2019 USA Basketball Men's Junior National Team minicamps.

Edited by Red Don

26 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Let this sink in, we have 2 to play 4 year top 150 transfers.  A very promising top 200 7 ft center, a top 5 judo player a top 25 player and another top 100 player all in same class...pinch me I’m dreaming.

Remember Glynn Watson, Ed Morrow, Michael Jacobson, Andrew White III?

That was like the pinnacle of Husker hoops recruiting in the era of on-line recruiting services.

This class blows that one out of the water. Absolutely blows it out of the water.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Remember Glynn Watson, Ed Morrow, Michael Jacobson, Andrew White III?

That was like the pinnacle of Husker hoops recruiting in the era of on-line recruiting services.

This class blows that one out of the water. Absolutely blows it out of the water.

Absolutely...it’s almost scary, like I’ll wake up tomorrow and it will be a dream in an episode of the twilight zone.  😂

I see this recruiting class as:

Two 5-Star players -- McGowens and Edwards

Two 4-Star players -- Breidenbach and Wilcher

Two 3-Star player -- Kojenets and Tominaga

Plus -- a verbal commitment from one of the top juco centers that will join this class in 2022-23 (Blaise Keita is 6'10" and 240 lbs.)

Obviously, I believe it to be the best recruiting class in UNL history.

Now, IF we can have another successful recruiting class come in 2022-23, we will be 10 deep with talent at every position (we need a point guard in this class).

IF THAT HAPPENS -- WOW!!!  

Nothing will seem 'out of reach' -- Dancing, Sweet 16, and dare I say it -- Yes, maybe FINAL 4!!!  Let's Go Huskers!!!

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Why did he only play in 5 games at DePaul?

Well, he skipped out on part of his senior year of high school to join DePaul after everyone else on that team had been practicing for a few months. He would have been way behind. He will be joining us late spring and have a chance to fully acclimate. 

5 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Think this needs to be clarified... he started out as a top 25 player in the 2021 class in his sophomore year, but he did drop in the rankings - 247 had him ranked #111 (still in the 2021 class) before he reclassified and enrolled at DePaul. Still happy to have him as a Husker. 

ESPN still gave him a rating of 86, which would have put him in the top 50 players for 2021 by ESPN.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, he skipped out on part of his senior year of high school to join DePaul after everyone else on that team had been practicing for a few months. He would have been way behind. He will be joining us late spring and have a chance to fully acclimate. 

Gotcha. I’m assuming he had 4 years of eligibility?