Who Wins the Playground Championship?

Playground best of 5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins best of 5?

• Fighting Norms: Trey, Bryce, CJ, Wilhelm, Lat
    • Fearsome 49rs: Kobe, Keisei, Dalano, Derrick, Eduardo

Neither team can guard their opponent.  As others have mentioned, it probably comes down to whether the Norms are hitting their outside shots.  I say they do that in 3 out of 5, but all five games are blowouts:

Game 1:

Norms 91

49ers 72

Game 2:

Norms 58

49ers 75

Game 3:

Norms 61

49ers 71

Game 4:

Norms 85

49ers 72

Game 5:

Norms 82

49ers 68  

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Neither team can guard their opponent.  As others have mentioned, it probably comes down to whether the Norms are hitting their outside shots.  I say they do that in 3 out of 5, but all five games are blowouts:

Game 1:

Norms 91

49ers 72

Game 2:

Norms 58

49ers 75

Game 3:

Norms 61

49ers 71

Game 4:

Norms 85

49ers 72

Game 5:

Norms 82

49ers 68  

I'll admit it kind of threw me when he took Walker 2nd after taking Eduardo in the first round. I assume he figured there were plenty of guards, but he could leave me with no bigs. So, I've got some match-up problems in the paint. But we're going to be on their shooters like gloves. I have a lot of confidence in Doc to come up with a defensive game plan to shut those pesky 49rs down. It should be EPIC!

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

A good carpenter never blames the tools.

Can I help it if the ref can't understand Japanese?  My guy Keisei was ON FIRE in that game and the ref threw him out because he couldn't understand what he was chirping about after making his 10th 3 in the game.

(he was just asking Bryce if he wanted to get together to play some Xbox later...)

I'm just the proud of my guys' effort. We were facing elimination in game 4 but we hung in there and put the game away.

Game 5 was not as close as the final score makes it look. We win by 14, but if Keisei doesn't hit those 5 3-pointers in the last 90 seconds, combined with us missing some front-ends, we win that one by 25.

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I have a lot of confidence in Doc to come up with a defensive game plan to shut those pesky 49rs down. 

Paul Velander finds out he actually has five games of eligibility remaining, decides to use them for this best-of-5 series, and takes 12 charges per game just like in '08-'09.

Edited by aphilso1