OK Kate is gone.......

redsteve

So who will start next year ? 

Too early  for predictions? Maybe but there's new predictions out there already...why not join the silly discussions.  

My first shot...Coach will go for some experience to start things going next season.

Sam

Issie 

Kendall

Bella

Ashley

How the balance of the squad, the newbies, and recovered injured players play out.... will come into play soon. Markowski is a natural at her position of need in the middle, and has that B1G player mentality that her dad will provide her.

So....The rest fit in how?

Edited by redsteve

5 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Really only see Haiby, Bourne, and Scoggin as a sure bet to start. Three and Five seem pretty open still. Do we lose only Kate? A lot of questions going into next season. 

as long as no one transfers, i believe. coach was asked the question about transfers in her interview....paraphrasing, but, she said something along the lines the way things are in college basketball nowadays, you try to prepare for anything. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Bella and Bourne seem to both be best at the 4 spot.  Someone needs to step up to the 5.  Maybe the girl from West Virginia or Markowski.  If Widener can run the point then Sam could move to the 2 guard.  I don’t mind Bourne playing the three which would allow Bella to start.  Coley may be ready to be the three.  Porter and Scoggin can provide quality depth. 

I just don’t want to see platoon play return.  Sam and Bourne need to be on the court.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:02 AM, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I think Alex could start at the 5

Very conceivable.  I believe Verbeek started her frosh year and Alexis seems more developed at this stage than she was.  Every season is different, but just a general comparison.  Realizing they don't have the exact same game it doesn't appear to me, but just matching up height and size.

Edited by mwm89

Alex makes me excited to think what it could be in 4 years. The toughness that she will bring to the team is going to be greatly appreciated with Bourne and Bella. I think she is going to be a great piece with those 2 and sam running the point. 

I would love to see Bourne play the 3 and Bella at the 4 and Alex at 5!!! That sounds like a rebounding machine right there that I would not want to play against. 

Yes I hope she picks up on division 1 ball quick. That would be a great core group with am awesome few to sub in. 

Does make me a little nervous that coach is going to have a lot of ppl to pick and choose from. I hate when she does the whole platoon playing. Just doesn't work in p5 conferences if you ask me. 

I think Coley porter Scroggins and brown need some playing time as well. 

Then you add in the transfer from TT and the girl that was hurt the majority of the year plus the rest of freshman. 

That's a lot of players 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, All About the Corn said:

Maybe its just me but I kind of think we may have one or two leave/take a medical. Was it ever reported what happened to Porter's knee? Will Dillard, Cayton, or Brady be healthy? We may need that many bodies.

the only thing i have seen is the comment by coach where she stated they "believe" Porter has avoided any major surgery. the comment was made approximately a week or so after the injury. probably won't hear any more until Porter can start workouts again. how things go could be something to watch.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

with all the excitement about Markowski coming in (and i am included) have fans kinda pushed aside what Tatiana Popa may bring? i know i had completely forgot about her in an earlier post. i just watched video highlights of her---can shoot the 3, no doubt a big body, looked like she can be kinda scrappy-maybe a little stronger with the ball than Kate? leg work may need some attention, though. it will be interesting to see how she adjusts. i can see her causing problems around the bucket.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:31 PM, Red Don said:

I too am looking forward to Tatiana Popa arriving in LIncoln.  There is a video clip of her father, his specialty was a hook shot in the paint.  If she can do anything like that ..........

i think her father will be a very valuable asset to her as her career progresses. going to be interesting.

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

So Kate didn't get drafted. Think she might change her mind now about another year maybe? 

Or would it cause drama with the new recruits

My assumption is that she had made plans in case that were to happen.  It would really surprise me if she were to do that.