Moos under consideration for Pac 12 Commish

I hope this is the right section to put this in. Would be a huge loss I know we havent gotten the results we wanted yet but the Frost/Hoiberg hirings are two of the best in the country.

#BREAKING: #Huskers A.D. Bill Moos is reportedly under "initial consideration" to become the Pac-12 Commissioner. More from :

The verdict is still out for me on Moos. No ill will or negative perceptions about the guy. It's just that many of his projects were longer term; he's spending the department's cash like it's a Black Friday sale and his coaches are too early in their tenure to really evaluate. It will be interesting to see how the facilities and coaches pan out over the years. He's definitely taken some more bold moves than some prior ADs.

I think my biggest qualm about the guy right now is how he's handled a few things (between pushing back publicly with the Big Ten conference in the early stages of COVID and through the time word got out that Nebraska was looking at options to weasel out of the Oklahoma game). We can agree or disagree on whether the actions/decisions he made were the right or wrong thing, but for me it's HOW he handled them. Again, no ill will on the guy, I just know from a national level (even in markets where Nebraska hasn't been talked about much in the last 20 years) we lost a bit of credibility as a program through some of these decisions.

But, that's a long winded way of my saying "He's either done an excellent job as the AD for Nebraska, or he's just spent a massive amount of our cash with nothing to show for it."

Frost went undefeated at UCF his last year and could have went to any school with an opening at the time. Hoiberg was and maybe still is a top 25 coach. I'd imagine he too could have had just about any job opening of his choosing. 

Ya but what have they done here?

I will give Hoiberg time but Frost as been mostly a disaster. If he wasn’t the golden child from the good years people would have called for his head long ago.

Moos has been ok. Better than the last guy but still haven’t seen results in the two major money making sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Ya but what have they done here?

I will give Hoiberg time but Frost as been mostly a disaster. If he wasn’t the golden child from the good years people would have called for his head long ago.

Moos has been ok. Better than the last guy but still haven’t seen results in the two major money making sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont fault Moos for hiring Frost it was the obvious choice and likely the only time Nebraska football will ever hire a head coach who went undefeated in a pretty good conference.  Hes given all the resources Frost/Hoiberg need. I think judging by results right now is a little premature I'm just speaking purely on the qualifications both of those hires had before coming here. It's rather remarkable that a school like Nebraska was able to land them both.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, HuskerFever said:

The verdict is still out for me on Moos. No ill will or negative perceptions about the guy. It's just that many of his projects were longer term; he's spending the department's cash like it's a Black Friday sale and his coaches are too early in their tenure to really evaluate. It will be interesting to see how the facilities and coaches pan out over the years. He's definitely taken some more bold moves than some prior ADs.

I think my biggest qualm about the guy right now is how he's handled a few things (between pushing back publicly with the Big Ten conference in the early stages of COVID and through the time word got out that Nebraska was looking at options to weasel out of the Oklahoma game). We can agree or disagree on whether the actions/decisions he made were the right or wrong thing, but for me it's HOW he handled them. Again, no ill will on the guy, I just know from a national level (even in markets where Nebraska hasn't been talked about much in the last 20 years) we lost a bit of credibility as a program through some of these decisions.

But, that's a long winded way of my saying "He's either done an excellent job as the AD for Nebraska, or he's just spent a massive amount of our cash with nothing to show for it."

Dont forget about the horrible way he handled the Miles situation and has repeatedly said things that backfire.