2021-22 Husker opponents

As much as people despise the SEC, they've put in a whole lot of investment into their programs via coaches, facilities, and athletes.

It wasn't long ago when Auburn basketball wasn't a priority and people didn't attend games. Now they're going to be a real tough opponent in December for us. They're a much better team than Syracuse is right now, regardless of the outcome of this game tonight.

This is a man who, if he did the same things at Nebraska that he's done at Maryland, we'd be building statues for and naming streets after.

Maryland fans basically bullied him until he cracked and resigned.  Sad.

Edited by 49r

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Last night Maryland had a 6 point lead and the ball with 18 seconds left in regulation at Northwestern and the Wildcats tied it up but Maryland won in double OT.  NW missed a free throw that would have put them up one in regulation with seconds left. I kind of root against Maryland for firing their coach in mid-season.

Unfortunately, I think that leaves us as the last team with 0 conference wins.  We were sharing that with Maryland.

3 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Last night Maryland had a 6 point lead and the ball with 18 seconds left in regulation at Northwestern and the Wildcats tied it up but Maryland won in double OT.  NW missed a free throw that would have put them up one in regulation with seconds left. I kind of root against Maryland for firing their coach in mid-season.

I'm not defending Maryland, but wasn't it a mutual decision between coach and institution that Turgeon move on?

44 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

I'm not defending Maryland, but wasn't it a mutual decision between coach and institution that Turgeon move on?

That could be but in most cases of a mutual decision the school basically says "how about we do this or else" type of choice.  I just don't think a guy that has had a great deal of success in a tough league (even if he can be a Richard Cranium) got a fair shake here.