2021-22 Husker opponents

20 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

The strength of schedule is getting more difficult by the day.  Auburn could be a Top 10 team by the time we play them.  Fred is putting together a pretty difficult schedule this year.

Does a top 10 SOS and a .500 record get a bid?

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

The strength of schedule is getting more difficult by the day.  Auburn could be a Top 10 team by the time we play them.  Fred is putting together a pretty difficult schedule this year.

Reading between the lines a bit I think Fred likes the chances of this team to make some noise.

44 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This is shaping up to be quite a tough Non-Con.  Looking at the other three matchups, we might be the headliner on Dec 11.  Overall that puts us facing NCST, Auburn, Creighton, and KSU before Christmas.  Goodness sakes.

It's starting to look like the schedule Miles put together in 2016-17:

Dayton

UCLA

Virginia Tech

Clemson

Creighton

Kansas

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

This is shaping up to be quite a tough Non-Con.  Looking at the other three matchups, we might be the headliner on Dec 11.  Overall that puts us facing NCST, Auburn, Creighton, and KSU before Christmas.  Goodness sakes.

Very true…but damn I’m so excited.  With the new talent mixing with last years talent being it on!!!  We split 2/2 on those and it’s a success and recruits urn their heads.  :)

9 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Very true…but damn I’m so excited.  With the new talent mixing with last years talent being it on!!!  We split 2/2 on those and it’s a success and recruits urn their heads.  :)

Yep— I also haven’t heard anything about a Thanksgiving tournament this year, so these games will help make up for any quality lost by not playing in one of those.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Yep— I also haven’t heard anything about a Thanksgiving tournament this year, so these games will help make up for any quality lost by not playing in one of those.

The word on the street is were going to host our own event with Tenn St, South Dakota, and Southern

7 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Three games to work out the kinks while nobody's paying over the holiday and the football team's trying to get over the hump vs. Iowa. That should do nicely.

Not sure if we round robin this and play all 3 or if it's a mini tourney.

21 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The word on the street is were going to host our own event with Tenn St, South Dakota, and Southern

Thanks— so theoretically the Auburn and KSU games kind of make up for losing out on a quality type opponent(s) in an early season tournament.

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Just making things official.  Didn’t realize Auburn could be a top 10 team this year, but they look TOUGHHHH.

You must have missed my post yesterday:

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Ameritas Classic was the tits.  I always loved the first day because the Huskers would play first and then when the second game started I could move down into the baller B section seats and feel like a big shot for a little bit. 😁

Was it me or did Colgate, Harvard and/or Bowling Green seemingly play in it every year?

2 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Western Illinois on November 9th fills out the non-conference schedule.

11/09 vs Western Illinois

11/12 vs Sam Houston State

11/16 vs Creighton
11/19 vs Idaho State

11/21 vs Southern

11/23 vs Tennessee State

11/27 vs South Dakota

12/01 at NC State

12/11 vs Auburn in Atlanta

12/19 vs Kansas State
12/22 vs Kennesaw State

Very solid schedule

On 7/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Western Illinois on November 9th fills out the non-conference schedule.

11/09 vs Western Illinois

11/12 vs Sam Houston State

11/16 vs Creighton
11/19 vs Idaho State

11/21 vs Southern

11/23 vs Tennessee State

11/27 vs South Dakota

12/01 at NC State

12/11 vs Auburn in Atlanta

12/19 vs Kansas State
12/22 vs Kennesaw State

Can't wait for the Kenpom thread from @49r so I know how good/bad these teams were a year ago.