2021 PG TyTy Washington -> Kentucky

2 hours ago, throwback said:

Apparently you guys didn't hear. Who needs a 5-star player when you can replace him with a Northwest Missouri St sharpshooting transfer who's a huge addition and a  perfect fit for the system? #letitfly 

I’ll be honest.  I am really interested in how this will turn out.  KU and Minnesota each took a Division 2 transfer, and apparently KU and Villanova were interested in this kid.  He won 3 national titles a NWMS.  Just a very interesting situation.  You never know how kids respond to the jump up in competition.

Obviously anyone in their right mind would rather have Ty Ty but I like a good storyline in basketball.  

12 minutes ago, busticket said:

I’ll be honest.  I am really interested in how this will turn out.  KU and Minnesota each took a Division 2 transfer, and apparently KU and Villanova were interested in this kid.  He won 3 national titles a NWMS.  Just a very interesting situation.  You never know how kids respond to the jump up in competition.

Obviously anyone in their right mind would rather have Ty Ty but I like a good storyline in basketball.  

Yep.  You never know.  This isn’t exactly KU, but, “Trevor Lakes is a 6-foot-7 Division-II sharp shooter . . . Among those who have contacted Lakes include Wichita State, Illinois and Xavier.”

15 hours ago, throwback said:

All of these D-2/D-3 guys getting a chance at the power conference D-1 level owe Duncan Robinson a cut of whatever they earn, whether it's 0, 100K, or something in between.

I'd say there are others before him that paved the way.  Derrick White transferred from UC- Colorado Springs to Colorado and became a first round pick with his one year D1 season after 4 years at a D2.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, Norm Peterson said:

One-and-done projections continue for this kid as he vaults up the recruiting rankings. Creighton fans have to be sick that he decommitted.

No offense to anyone, but I’m not joking about this. If we had a kid who was projected to be a one-and-done lottery pick and that kid decommitted from us, I know I’d be sick. Remember how I was about Roburt Sallie?

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

No offense to anyone, but I’m not joking about this. If we had a kid who was projected to be a one-and-done lottery pick and that kid decommitted from us, I know I’d be sick. Remember how I was about Roburt Sallie?

i’d probably throw up.  

54 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I agree but this one is on their coach.  They had him committed before Coach Mac opened up his mouth and inserted foot.  I'd be upset if another school came in at the last minutes and magically he committed to them in the 11th hour but no one to blame on this one except the Head Coach.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, B-town hoopsfan said:

I still can’t believe they didn’t fire him over this. Creighton is in the most Politically correct town in all of Nebraska. Plus they are losing guys left n right it seems  

Well they're in a tough place because a lot of their donors are likely not fans of "cancel culture" and they risk losing those wallets a bit if they were to have fired McDermott off the bat. They're probably letting it play out and it'll still result in him being let go eventually as he just won't be able to recruit well enough in the short term.

4 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Well they're in a tough place because a lot of their donors are likely not fans of "cancel culture" and they risk losing those wallets a bit if they were to have fired McDermott off the bat. They're probably letting it play out and it'll still result in him being let go eventually as he just won't be able to recruit well enough in the short term.

It’s hard to say because even though they lost an out of state 5 star (still amazed they had him committed), they still have 3 top 150 kids committed.  On a normal recruiting year at Nebraska we’d be thrilled with a class like that.  Fred has us spoiled 😎

The Ty Ty to Creighton commit actually has me optimistic that we can eventually get kids like that to Lincoln without playing the older brother card.  We just need to show some success on the court to back Fred’s pedigree with the kids.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Old enough to remember 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 PG TyTy Washington -> Kentucky
On 5/10/2021 at 3:49 PM, Husker4theSpurs said:

To put a bow on this saga at Creighton, they just landed a top 50 PF from Arizona today to fill Ty Ty’s spot, putting Creighton at #7 in 247’s team rankings.  It looks like the narrative McDermott is a lame duck because of recruiting isn’t how the story plays out.  Heck of a recovery by Creighton after the plantation fiasco.

I still believe this is the year we need a win in the series.  Creighton has no returning starters, older role players with a nice freshmen class.  We are pretty young too with our great recruiting class but we have a better core of returning players in my opinion.

Side note: we are currently ranked 17th on 247 but don’t get credit for Edwards and Witcher.  

Edited by busticket

3 hours ago, busticket said:

To put a bow on this saga at Creighton, they just landed a top 50 PF from Arizona today to fill Ty Ty’s spot, putting Creighton at #7 in 247’s team rankings.  It looks like the narrative McDermott is a lame duck because of recruiting isn’t how the story plays out.  Heck of a recovery by Creighton after the plantation fiasco.

I still believe this is the year we need a win in the series.  Creighton has no returning starters, older role players with a nice freshmen class.  We are pretty young too with our great recruiting class but we have a better core of returning players in my opinion.

Side note: we are currently ranked 17th on 247 but don’t get credit for Edwards and Witcher.  

• 5 months later...