Today's Sweet Sixteen Matchups...

jimmykc

14 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

...are the least compelling I can recall in decades of watching the NCAA tournament. I suspect the coverage of the ancient nun will be the main focus of today's games.

Watch the women's games, especially the Caitlin Clark versus (not "verse" as Maria Taylor keeps saying) Paige Bueckers at noon. (Iowa versus Connecticut)

I’m enjoying it because it basically signifies the end of blue blood NCAA basketball.  They’ll still exist, but there’s just no way it can happen like before. These teams are all loaded with transfers.   

Free agency is the best thing to ever happen to Nebrasketball.  We’re going to be the next Oregon State or whoever.  

If the image and likeness rules get passed, it will be an enormous advantage for us in addition to having the Transfer U coach running the show.  

As this site's resident Forrest Gump, I am glad you mentioned the legendary Ralph Miller. I was actually present at Allen Fieldhouse to see a special playoff game his Wichita State team played against Drake for the Missouri Valley Conference championship in his final year of coaching at Wichita in 1964. I rooted for the great Shocker team that year who had Dave Stallworth and Nate Bowman and had seen them beat #1 rated Cincinnati at the Roundhouse. KU had,of course, sucked in 63-64, my last undergrad. year.