Transfer portal...

whoopdeedoo

9 hours ago, mwm89 said:

We have no scollies to give, right?  I would like to have a player of Juhasz' caliber on the floor.  Of course we have a couple of bigs coming next year.

wouldn't surprise me if she ends up at a school like UConn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Maryland....one of the "blue bloods"? never know though.

18 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I would take her.  A big who is maneuverable and can shoot.

oh, absolutely. i was just stating that i didn't think she had a "Juhasz" season. like i said, one game i watched she looked like herself---however, i saw a couple games where she didn't look like herself at all (for whatever reason)...but, yeah no doubt i would take her. 

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/4/9/womens-basketball-penn-state-adds-george-washington-transfer-ali-brigham.aspx

Ali Brigham | 6-4 | Center | Franklin, Mass. | Franklin High School | George Washington

The six-foot-four center and Atlantic 10 All-Rookie team member led the Colonials in scoring as a freshman.

when PSU picked up Carolyn Keiger from Marquette....i stated they got a "good one". she is going to turn PSU into a contender. will be interesting to see if PSU can hang on to her...imo, her name will be showing up on any "top programs" list should there be an opening in the future. 

Kelly Jekot (sp?) Lady Lion's top scorer announced she will return.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Why go to UConn?  She will help but all the glory will go to Bueckers! That’s why I respect Clark going to her home state school to help make it a National Power.  UConn gets enough pub by being in ESPN’s backyard.

12 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Why go to UConn?  She will help but all the glory will go to Bueckers! That’s why I respect Clark going to her home state school to help make it a National Power.  UConn gets enough pub by being in ESPN’s backyard.

i agree about Clark...i thought that was a pretty impressive comment to make in her interview.

idk about Juhasz---i'm guessing she has always been infatuated with UConn in the back of her head. now, the opportunity has risen (no idea if UConn tried to recruit her in the beginning?). odds are she has an excellent chance of being on at least one National Championship team now, and that was a pretty strong pull for her. makes you wonder if word trickled down to her that if she entered the portal, UConn would take her. kinda happened rather fast.

probably my most disliked player on Rutgers...however, she is pretty good. 

This new edict by the NCAA to let anyone transfer and play the next season is really going to crazy up the scene. (can only do it once)

Would hate to be a coach these days.

The  NCAA has chickened out, and doesn't want to be the one deciding who gets to play, and who has to sit out a year. Just let them all do whatever.

There will be some kids left out in the cold......too many transferees and not enough places to go. ...or at least where they want to go. 

6 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Can we make room for one more??  😉

would be kinda interesting to know what happened at PSU. just pass along what i saw, a few games into the season. one of the teams called a timeout and the video crew had the camera showing the PSU huddle. starters were seated while the bench players surround the players sitting. it showed Cash ripping into one of her teammates and finally one of the PSU players started to pat Cash on the back---like saying "it's ok". didn't have audio, but, Cash was pretty animated. add that to a few other times she appeared to have some issues while on the court and it makes me wonder if PSU didn't have some chemistry issues with her?🤔

granted, i have no idea but it's just a guess. that is a pretty good squad with a very good coach. bit of a head scratcher why she would leave. no doubt, pretty talented gal.............but questions. i'll pass.

one other thing just came to mind.......maybe she felt "threatened" by the George Washington transfer?

maybe going to OSU with DJ leaving? 😧

Edited by whoopdeedoo

5 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

I hope not.  She would compete for playing time at the position so well occupied last season by Cravens.  And she, having only one year of eligibility remaining, would not be  part of a long term solution. I think we have enough players and adding more from the outside might well cause attrition from within.  

Yeah, I used a "wink" emoji because it was a tongue in cheek comment.  I know how good she is and remember how much trouble she gave us.  I believe we're set in the frontcourt and looking forward to see what the new additions can contribute.

MSU signs grad transfer from Purdue...Tamara Farquhar

"We love the experience, athleticism, and skill set that Tamara brings to our program. Her ability to play multiple positions both on offense and defense is something that we were very excited to add to our roster. She is a tremendous rebounder and loves to play in open space especially in transition. We are thrilled to welcome Tamara and her family to the Spartan Nation," Merchant said.

Farquhar, a 6-0 guard/forward, hails from Pierrefonds, Quebec. The Purdue transfer averaged 6.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game as a senior. She was second on the team in rebounding, starting all 23 games for the Boilermakers last season.